• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masks Save Lives

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masks Save Lives

Social distancing and washing our hands are not our only lines of defense for covid-19. If you must go out in public please wear a mask for your safety and the safety of others incase you are infected. Its for the common good. Public spaces become much safer when everyone is wearing a mask. Preferrably N95 dust style masks without the exhale valve. Those types of disposable masks offer the best performance, but in the alternative something is better than nothing. As a people we need to work together to keep the load off the health care system. As farmers we must take extra precautions so we can do what we do best farm. Millions of lives depend on us to get the crop in and raise the livestock. This is no joke and there are no redos this is an emergency. So lead by example and spread the message MASKS SAVE LIVES!
    Last edited by biglentil; Mar 20, 2020, 05:22.

I agree. Outside at the farm I try to position so that any wind does not drift from one towards another.

Comment

I am surprised that sales clerks do not mask up. Face-to-face with strangers all day-every day.

Comment

The immediate problem is that if used as recommended there are soon not going to be any masks

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

Comment

So it’s also becoming more clear that it’s
          Not just the older population that needs to worry.
          Everyone that has a mask ought to be using it

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            So it’s also becoming more clear that it’s
            Not just the older population that needs to worry.
            Everyone that has a mask ought to be using it
            Agreed many of us already had some sitting on a shelf or in a box somewhere, they arent doing anyone any favours there. At a minimum front line should include grocery clerks, post office staff and bank staff. Someone needs to tell these people to be wearing masks or our critical infrastructure will break down.

Comment

There was an announcement on CNBC yesterday by VP Mike Pence that 3M in one of their Minnesota factories will be ramping up N95 industrial mask production. 3M has N95 industrial masks meet the specs that health care workers.

Comment

Holy shit next thing we should be digging caves. You better start hoarding picks and shovel.

Comment

Would some of you on the provincial payroll
                  Please tell our government they ought to be
                  Stressing and announcing that everyone
                  that has to Go out wear a mask if you
                  have one! It has to start with them pushing it.

Comment

You clowns can not wiat for marshall law he??

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
                      You clowns can not wiat for marshall law he??
                      Why don’t you political losers go spend a day in close
                      Contact with someone that has this already
                      Then go home and spend time with your family
                      Film it And show the rest of us it’s safe.
                      If you did and Nothing happenned I d join you in
                      downplaying What’s happenning. The biggest
                      thing is we all Don’t know how bad it’s going to
                      get in terms Of numbers. But it’s never that bad for
                      some until It’s their own family that gets affected.

No one wants martial law etc. But it’s you idiots
                      Losers that aren’t taking it serious which
                      Is why these other shutdowns are being
                      Required. The one thing we do know is that
                      It has to be stopped orherwise it will stay
                      With us until when?

Comment

Now jimmy, your statement was just plain stupid. I, like most on here have family members on the front line of health care fighting to save lives while all that is asked of you is to avoid spreading this virus. Do everyone a favour and find out a little bit about this pandemic before poo pooing others efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                          Now jimmy, your statement was just plain stupid. I, like most on here have family members on the front line of health care fighting to save lives while all that is asked of you is to avoid spreading this virus. Do everyone a favour and find out a little bit about this pandemic before poo pooing others efforts.
                          Well I have a sister that’s a Dr a nephew that’s a Dr and 2 nieces that are nurses all in the USA so I am kept in the loop. What I have learned so far.....if you haven’t taken care of your self ie booze drugs or suffer from obesity or have had a serious medical condition you could be in trouble. Stay healthy and stay out of crowds there’s crop and livestock that need taken care of.
                          Last edited by jimmy; Mar 20, 2020, 19:13.

Comment

Had to take my Mom to ST Paul,s hospital in Saskatoon today for tests. We were met at the door by a security guard that asked us what we were there for and we told him. We went in and it was very quite with very few people around and no one wore a mask. Just hand sanitizer everywhere. When my Mon got in with the Dr she asked him why no masks. He said they don't really do much to protect you but hand washing hands does.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              Had to take my Mom to ST Paul,s hospital in Saskatoon today for tests. We were met at the door by a security guard that asked us what we were there for and we told him. We went in and it was very quite with very few people around and no one wore a mask. Just hand sanitizer everywhere. When my Mon got in with the Dr she asked him why no masks. He said they don't really do much to protect you but hand washing hands does.
                              You should have asked him why nurses and doctors wear masks. He gave you the bs answer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...