• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay in your truck...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay in your truck...

Seems like a new policy nearly daily.

You're no longer allowed to exit your truck at the location I'm delivering grain to. NO EXCEPTIONS!

gentlemen... it wont be long and you physically will not be allowed on the premises. Or perhaps more likely, the workers will not be allowed to come in to work.

F*ck it... let's all go home and netflix and quarantine. I swear its quickly becoming a competition to see how quickly we can drive GDP to 0.

I dont even know what to think anymore.

The supposed cure is going to make us wish we just let this thing burn unhindered!

I'm waiting to see what classifies as "mission critical" trade with regards to the US/Border.

If fertilizer isnt allowed, we are FU*CKED as far as phos goes! What about chemical? What about organic exports?

If were operating on the premise that this'll only be a couple weeks we're utterly doomed!

Comment

If it was treatable disease we could do that.
      There is no healthcare system that can cope with an unchecked pandemic, so stay in your truck!

Comment

We got done hauling today for now
        Local elevator changed policy yesterday, stay out of office , unload truck and they bring out paperwork. . Samples and cheque’s in drop off box in driveway . Was no problem , kept distance .
        Can isolate good now for April if need be .
        Go fishin for a few days , clean shop , clean grain . Make sure to double check inputs and get the last of the stuff in place and see what happens before we get in the field in May .
        Till then lay low service some equipment and hopefully stay healthy

Comment

Cargill:
          Good Morning, fertilizer pick up's at Cargill Locations:
          until further notice all drivers will need a radio or phone to contact operator for loading info( # provided on door)& must use their own pen to sign paperwork. No driver will have physical contact with operators on site until the situation has changed. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks!

Comment

Seeding 2020, now cancelled!

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              If it was treatable disease we could do that.
              There is no healthcare system that can cope with an unchecked pandemic, so stay in your truck!
              First off it is treatable. Check the latest reports on chlorquinone. Of course it won't be available in Canada until it goes through 14 years of rat, cat, bat and finally human trials.

Secondly, WTF do you think is going to happen at the end of this? We can't stay hunkered down for the next 14 years. Someday we have to come out of our caves and then what? We get infected and die?

This is a relatively minor flu. It's probably worse than the flu we are used to but its the flu ferchrisakes. If our Prime Minister had even one ball and wasn't hiding under his desk playing Pokemon he might be able to explain that to us. As it is I'm not sure what we're waiting for because the end game - at least according to the chicken littles - is that we all die anyway. Our "Health Minister" is a graphics designer. I'm sure she's had fun making graphics about flattening the curve but otherwise WTF has she done?

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                My goodness man!! calm down! thats heresy!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                  First off it is treatable. Check the latest reports on chlorquinone. Of course it won't be available in Canada until it goes through 14 years of rat, cat, bat and finally human trials.

Secondly, WTF do you think is going to happen at the end of this? We can't stay hunkered down for the next 14 years. Someday we have to come out of our caves and then what? We get infected and die?
                  You forgot to mention the payoff to the appropriate 'agencies' for registration. This whole thing is getting nuts. Rural folk are naturally self isolating anyway so risk is practically nil.

Comment

Not sure why farmers should seed a crop....phuck sakes already the new protocols. ...

I am certainly not kissing the elevator staff...

And if the government is willing to defer taxes and mortgage payments to people that couldn't afford the 500k house why should farmers bust their balls for an ungrateful society....

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                      Seems like a new policy nearly daily.

You're no longer allowed to exit your truck at the location I'm delivering grain to. NO EXCEPTIONS!

gentlemen... it wont be long and you physically will not be allowed on the premises. Or perhaps more likely, the workers will not be allowed to come in to work.

F*ck it... let's all go home and netflix and quarantine. I swear its quickly becoming a competition to see how quickly we can drive GDP to 0.

I dont even know what to think anymore.

The supposed cure is going to make us wish we just let this thing burn unhindered!
                      Hope your elevator crew sweeps the scale. Richardsons in Killarney usually have at 4 people leaning on a desk watching me sweep the scale myself. Sleepfest.

Comment

I don’t get it, what’s so difficult about
                        Staying in your truck? This is what has
                        To be done to keep the elevators open.
                        And get in front of this thing.
                        Seeing now certain doctors will be at
                        Different set up locations than the hospitals
                        To test suspected infections. Right on!!
                        Somebody reading agriiville?

It is a worry about fert and Chemicals.
                        But until it happens or if nothing we can
                        Do w was xcept these things that keep
                        Workers safe.

Seeing lots of good deeds being done
                        Which is encouraging. We take a box of
                        The necessities once a week to an older
                        Couple afraid to go to shop due to asthma
                        Problem. Not a big deal glad to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                          Well no, we are an essential service. It will be seeding as "normal", just expect no hugs at the crop inputs supplier or elevator.

This will be months long - maybe longer, so hang in there. But a farm is an ideal place to be - just let no one on the property, ever. Stay home.

Exercise at least some daily, go for a brisk walk. Eat healthy and don't drink alcohol, no smoking. Give your body a fighting chance, most of us are old and the numbers aren't pretty. Plan on no vaccine for 12 to 18 months at least so hunker down for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            Well no, we are an essential service. It will be seeding as "normal", just expect no hugs at the crop inputs supplier or elevator.
                            Hugs? I’m usually bent over when I pickup chemical or deliver grain. I’m screwed....

Comment

No booze or smoke, now that's a little drastic.

Seriously though, first death here in ICU on the 12th. So infected early March. Think about that. More to come.
                              ATB closing to public tomorrow. On line only. No milk or bread in store. Everyone shopping local.
                              Reminds me of my Dad every day.
                              Child of Depression. He used to say "everyone in same boat" so no one felt worse off than the next guy. Strange feeling but applies today. Humbling.
                              So be mindful of those worse off.
                              And rock on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...