• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain markets

All red this morning, we are about to roll the dice here in North America on seeding a crop.
    Hopefully things settle out before we get it off.
    Lots of crop still in bin due to rail slowdowns .

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    All red this morning, we are about to roll the dice here in North America on seeding a crop.
    Hopefully things settle out before we get it off.
    Lots of crop still in bin due to rail slowdowns .
    Corporate debt is about to get a reckoning.

Comment

Honestly its time to shut these markets down.....i mean all of them....dead serious. This is pointless. Shut them down for a week to 10 days and get back at it then. Yes...i understand that would cause some issues for a number of buyers/sellers of product......but everyone is feeling some pain they have to bear some to.

Comment

Like I said in another thread .....they have shut down everything that affects the markets to avoid panic....why not shut down the markets that are trading on panic until the guys that panic take a valium...or at least a deep breath.

Comment

Just hang on.
          Soon all will realize they need to hoard food.
          Toilet paper doesn't taste very good I am sure.lol..

Comment

I am more worried about a potential drought

Comment

I would say anyone raising meat on the farm is in great shape, should be able to finally get retail prices as people start shopping farm-gate.
              I have lots of friends that buy direct from farms (and Hutterites of course) already instead of the grocery store for meat.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Like I said in another thread .....they have shut down everything that affects the markets to avoid panic....why not shut down the markets that are trading on panic until the guys that panic take a valium...or at least a deep breath.
                Except that would also have a domino effect, unless all transactions are also banned. Much of the panic selling is to raise capital to make margin calls etc. No easy answer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Except that would also have a domino effect, unless all transactions are also banned. Much of the panic selling is to raise capital to make margin calls etc. No easy answer.
                  Closing the markets would completely deprive businesses of their ability to roll their debt. On the commodity side, the grain delivery system would have to shut down too. Farmers with delivery contracts might find themselves in default.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
                    Closing the markets would completely deprive businesses of their ability to roll their debt. On the commodity side, the grain delivery system would have to shut down too. Farmers with delivery contracts might find themselves in default.
                    Exactly, they are serving their purpose. I doubt even a small fraction of this sell off is mom and pop investors trying to time the market, this is the market trying to function.

Comment

Some elevators closing offices.
                      Deliveries still ok for now
                      Some have sample drop off at door only

Comment

If the ports close and the elevators close for deliveries ...shouldn't they support agriculture the same way they are supporting Canadians coming home with some travel problems?

A few months ago ..there was no money for agriculture now they have so far found 311 billion in financial support for every other industry in Canada ??????????

Comment

We will get nothing
                          The illegal rail blockades already cost western Canadian farmers millions , not a word was said

Comment

If you support halting markets for a period of time, just go ahead and take your Capitalist hat off and toss it in the fire. Go get yourself a shiny blue Bernie hat, walk down your local main street, pull your pecker out and fall down crying that the world is not fair.

For ****s sake.

Obviously no one remembers price controls of the 70's by Nixon. Another ****ing Commie.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                              If you support halting markets for a period of time, just go ahead and take your Capitalist hat off and toss it in the fire. Go get yourself a shiny blue Bernie hat, walk down your local main street, pull your pecker out and fall down crying that the world is not fair.

For ****s sake.

Obviously no one remembers price controls of the 70's by Nixon. Another ****ing Commie.
                              Yes I won't argue your logic.....but there are always exceptions to every rule...

And out of curiosity ...why should I be responsible to pay someone for an inconvenience on a returning holiday????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...