• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Economic Numbers out of China

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Economic Numbers out of China

I've followed @Trinhnomics after Macdon said she was worth a follow on Twitter. She dropped the latest Chinese economic numbers this evening...

Fixed Asset Investment: (measures the change in total spending on capital investments such as factories, roads, power grids and property.)
    -24.5% YoY jan/feb This never fell in great financial crisis

Retail sales:
    -20.5% YoY jan/feb Also never fell in great financial crisis

Investment in real estate:
    -16.3% YoY jan/feb Also never fell in great financial crisis

Industrial Production:
    -13.5% YoY jan/feb Also never fell in great financial crisis

Her only "qualifier" was that these numbers still had a decent couple weeks of january in them...

All coming to a country near you...
    Last edited by helmsdale; Mar 15, 2020, 20:55.

Could argue at least there still investing but smaller scale depends who you view figures.

Same couldn’t be said for Italy for instance.

Devils advocate sorry

They are back working while rest of world is a headless chicken

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      Could argue at least there still investing but smaller scale depends who you view figures.

Same couldn’t be said for Italy for instance.

Devils advocate sorry

They are back working while rest of world is a headless chicken
      mallee, fallout in western world intensifying. Coordinated central bank rate cuts have had no impact to reverse course . . . a total loss of control.

Comment

Watching a covid19 special as I type
        Experts galore p, there actually hinting China has handled this well in hindsight but they can “control” there population western world can’t.

None to complimentary about a big nation in northern hemisphere.

HIV drugs showing promise here being trialled, side effects etc known as the used now fo HIV just how effective they are against corona is being established. And a anti malaria dug. Both have to be given within 5 days of getting corona.

China flattening out

Click image for larger version

Name:	24C7C776-74B1-4434-AD36-39B5897EF490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	769475

Comment

The numbers are less about china, and more about gazing into our inevitable future... Mnuchin says US not headed for recession. Yea, and I'm immortal I guess.

Comment

My guess is that china has got control over reporting and statistics over there so what is actually happening is anybody's guess. They are on the next phase where the hunger games from a collapsing economy is worse than the virus so shipping resumes. Debt needs to be serviced. We will get to that point as well when the virus will be tolerated and the economic activity has to resume. Hopefully by then will have a good handle on what we are dealing with.
            Last edited by ajl; Mar 16, 2020, 07:00.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...