• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSE prices again?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSE prices again?

So if packing plants shut down for beef, pork, chicken and fish, is that going to backlog the supply and crash the price like bse or empty the shelves and have massive demand coming to return prices to month ago levels?

I can see a supply problem as animals keep putting on weight while packing plants may be shut down due to Coronavirus, but demand ??

What does everyone think?

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
    So if packing plants shut down for beef, pork, chicken and fish, is that going to backlog the supply and crash the price like bse or empty the shelves and have massive demand coming to return prices to month ago levels?

I can see a supply problem as animals keep putting on weight while packing plants may be shut down due to Coronavirus, but demand ??

What does everyone think?
    There will be a temporary supply timing issue that will enable the packers to push prices down for a much longer time period. No question about it. At the end of the day everyone still needs to eat and likely will eat more meat as long as it's available if they are eating at home more.

If the world was to turn even crazier than it is looking right now, a carved hunk of meat off a freshly killed animal on the roadside could be important currency. Could also be risky time for rustling.

Comment

Hopefully sanity returns to society before too long. My brother was talking to our fertilizer guy and he said Nutrien might even shut the redwater plant down. That would leave a lot of guys (farmers and dealers) in a pickle.

I sure hope the packers don’t shut down. One plant burned up in the states last year and it was a good enough excuse to drop prices overnight.

Store shelves are getting picked clean of meat around here which is fine with me.

Comment

Typical humans..trying to make a mega dollar on the bad situation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...