• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coop Fuel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coop Fuel

Mostly get fuel at Petro Can and my semi has ran good all winter with it but this morning i had to haul a few loads of canola to Nipawin and i was low on fuel. Nipawin doesn't have a Petro can so i went to the coop card lock and filled up. On my way home about 25 miles the truck started missing and i limped back into the yard with gelled fuel. Poured in anti-gell and got the engine running and then it stayed running the rest of the morning but never seemed the have the power i am used to. It was about -25 when this happened and i am not sure if they have heavier grade of fuel in the middle of March but i will phone on Monday and find out.

I am almost certain i won't ever buy coop fuel again!

Where you think petro gets their fuel from???

Comment

Just strange that that my engine would run just fine at -35 this winter then fill up at the coop and gells at -25.

Comment

-24 here right now and I’m burning coop summer diesel in everything on the place. Granted it’s coming out of Edmonton but so far so good. Wouldn’t want it much colder as it’s slow pumping 😉

Comment

Actually had a neighbour had this problem a few weeks ago with petro fuel. lots of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
            Where you think petro gets their fuel from???
            I don't know for sure but I think PetroCan retail would get most of their fuel through the Suncor distribution system.

Comment

You have to remember, fuel rack's do not just exist at refineries...

Petro-Canada's fuel rack locations in western canada are:
              -Edmonton
              -Calgary
              -fort mac
              -saskatoon
              -regina
              -winnipeg
              Last edited by helmsdale; Mar 14, 2020, 16:42.

Comment

My Petro Canada dealer told me last week that they were now into summer fuel. I was surprised as it could still dip down to -25.....I use fuel conditioner steady all year round so maybe that is why it is never a problem. I do believe that Petro Canada is the best quality fuel we can buy as they strip out all the paraffin and the plant in Edmonton is the last built in Canada in the 80’s.
                Last edited by Crestliner; Mar 14, 2020, 16:55.

Comment

We have five new diesels on our farm (still under warranty) and they wont be using coop refined fuel in them. The risks of improper quality fuel is too great.

Coop won't guarantee the quality of fuel.

A bunch of clowns at Federated Coop are costing us the members big time.

Comment

I am into a tractor for over $15,000 because of shit fuel from co-op, plus countless fuel filter changes and draining fuel tanks just to get rid of the fuel. I will never use their garbage again. No help at all from co-op. Was told that it wasn't them, even though they were hauling into our tank exclusively for the last few years prior and all the problems started a week after they delivered fuel to the farm.

Comment

We have been exclusively using Coop fuel for three generations on this farm since 1936 and to my knowledge not a single problem. Bring it in by 50000 litre tankers now and works out very well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...