• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Place your bets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place your bets

My tongue is slightly in my cheek but who want to lay bets which one of our Agriville group will get corona first. One of us or some of us will. Who interacts with groups of people the most?

Anyone got school teacher or nurse wives?

Who travels the most?

Anyone regularly in contact with large groups of people?

I’m in partial lockdown only go into town when necessary, did supermarket shopping 49kms away the other night shuts at 10 pm got in there at 9 at best 5 people shopping, 12 cash registers only one operating. Kinda safe time to shop we think.

My wife due to go to New Zealand to see daughter in May with grandma hasn’t booked yet, doubts she will go. If she got hospitalised with corona travel insurance won’t cover it a grey area in fine print.

Personally most get flu like symptoms but reading and hearing interviews knocks the crap out of you, your down for 3 weeks can’t afford that during planting season.

Anyway my money is that sask3 is at risk he is well travelled woodland is safe he’s isolated and can hibernate.

Err sask3 tongue in cheek mate sarcasm intended

I was thinking how we can just hunker down and stay away from the public for as long as required, keep the kids home from school if it isn't cancelled. Then I realized that my hired helps wife is a nurse, exposed to countless sick people everyday.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Yup!!

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post

I’m in partial lockdown only go into town when necessary, did supermarket shopping 49kms away the other night shuts at 10 pm got in there at 9 at best 5 people shopping, 12 cash registers only one operating. Kinda safe time to shop we think.
          The other way to look at it is everyone has touched the shopping carts and coughed on all the produce since they opened. Maybe best to go when they first open!

I hope they close the schools here, that's how most of us would get it from those germ infested trolls that live in my basement!

Comment

So far I wipe all shopping carts and wash my hands all the time and sanitizer.

Disney and universal are shutting down starting Sunday and will be deserted till end of the month.

No hurricane or anything has ever shit Disney except after Kennedy died. And one day for a hurricane and this corona.

Makes me wonder what’s up.

Comment

Anyway my money is that sask3 is at risk he is well travelled woodland is safe he’s isolated and can hibernate.

Err sask3 tongue in cheek mate sarcasm intended
              I’m grateful for your vote of confidence mallee but I wouldn’t count me out of the running. My folks are floating on a Norwegian cruise somewhere around Tahiti and then are supposed to go to New Zealand and Sydney before coming home in a few weeks. I hope they just bring back memories 😉

Kids are in school and anyone with a cough or not looking 100% are sent home. My wife is in Edmonton a couple times a week for parts, appointments, and groceries. Although she has been ordering groceries online and they bring them out to the car so she doesn’t have to pack the kids in the store. Costs $5 and saves her most of an hour and out of the crowd which is great now.

Maybe I should just sleep in the shop with the beer and the dog?

Do the rest of us buy a couple of cases of “Pils.........ner” as the cure for the unfortunate catcher of the “corona”virus?

Comment

Schools shutting down here regardless of cv present or not

Comment

So the whole world is shutting down? Why?

Comment

Schools shutting down here regardless of cv present or not
                    Mallee do you have the “normal” flu in your country and does it show up in the summer or winter? We get it in the winter here usually from everyone being cooped up inside. Hopefully if it warms up here in a couple months it’ll be less of a problem with more folks outside and more sunlight. At least that’s how the flu works here.

I’ll be “self isolating” mostly in the tractor for the meantime.

Comment

"So the whole world is shutting down? Why?"

Too flatten the curve of infection.

If transmission is spread out over a longer time there might be enough hospital beds and ventilators to treat the the severely affected.

If their is a huge rapid bell curve of numerous infections, then all hell breaks loose and many severe cases will turn in to fatalities because hospitals run out of space.

Its not just the elderly and those with underlying disease who are at risk.

Comment

I’m self isolating in my gazebo with a cold Corona and on Agriville.

Flea markets are dead today.

Golf coarse is dead.

Malls dead.

Disney and universal really slow.

Yep we have achieved a total shit down thanks to MSM and celebrities and politicians the Chinese won.

Oh you racist.

Look at Trudeau picture he posted today of him working hard the trees outside have leaves and no beard. Yea he’s home with Sophie. Right.

Sheep are sheep and will follow till the spike or knife.

Comment

I have a different bet.

1. Virus - no more deadly than the regular flu and even less deadly than a cold in most cases, wont hit the numbers they say, gets backstopped by the summer and social distancing, vaccine on tap for fall flu season.

2. Most stocks down 30%, raw commodities down 10%, fed puts in trillions in liquidity, central banks around the world do the same, 1pt rate cut and delayed demand.

3. I predict a rubber band snapping in about 2 quarters after the summer. You will see new highs in the market in about Sept 2020.

4. Inflation comes roaring back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VIRUS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	769462
                          Last edited by jazz; Mar 13, 2020, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            "So the whole world is shutting down? Why?"

Too flatten the curve of infection.

If transmission is spread out over a longer time there might be enough hospital beds and ventilators to treat the the severely affected.

If their is a huge rapid bell curve of numerous infections, then all hell breaks loose and many severe cases will turn in to fatalities because hospitals run out of space.

Its not just the elderly and those with underlying disease who are at risk.
                            Chucks spot on serious ventilator issues here.
                            And yep woodland flu season is normally winter, which makes this one so nasty we’ve had 34c weather this week and it’s rampant other places in 40 s cases being diagnosed, so when proper flu season hits gonna be nasty.

Comment

Be prepared for an extended stay in Florida. Good luck with treatment if you pick up the virus ' the U.S. has even less ventilators than Canada per capita. Don't expect a medivac back to Canada or even if your travel insurance will cover you. All Canadians have been advised to come home.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...