• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise Ship Stocks Ripe for the Picking?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Ship Stocks Ripe for the Picking?

Carnival and Royal Carribean - glug/glug. Ship Ahoy Me Maties!

Wife booked another one for May and we also booked one next February.

Yes the deals are getting good better and yes to all the ones that can’t figure out how real money is made buy Cruze ship stocks on a down because guess what it’s a disease far less than sars or bubonic plague and people will travel again.

So yea buy is getting close on the above two.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Wife booked another one for May and we also booked one next February.

Yes the deals are getting good better and yes to all the ones that can’t figure out how real money is made buy Cruze ship stocks on a down because guess what it’s a disease far less than sars or bubonic plague and people will travel again.

So yea buy is getting close on the above two.
      Your cruise might be a lot longer than you booked and paid for. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

Comment

Travel Insurance companies announced yesterday that cruises canceled due to Covid-19 are not insured any longer due to the fact that the virus is now "a known" event.
        I'd be nervous about a May 2020 cruise.

We cruise a fair bit, and enjoy the ship as much or more now, than some island stops.(especially if you've already been to the island,,, some of them have a limited number of sites worth seeing.)

So having a cruise stop Port not allow you off, would not be the end of the world, but being quarantined for an extra 14 days could be kinda sh*ty, pun intended !

Comment

I always thought cruise ships were gross even before this Corona outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
            I always thought cruise ships were gross even before this Corona outbreak.
            They are definitely germy. I have always considered them a floating petri dish. Some ships are so large that they easily can handle a population the size of your entire local community.
            I really got creeped out when I read one description of cruise ships as a floating hog barn! Disease spreads fast in tight quarters. That was an odd comparison but it sure erased any thoughts of us going on a cruise.

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to go on another cruise but I've been buying CCL for a week now and intend to continue.

Comment

You go right ahead and buy Cruise Ship stocks and book Cruises, I'll put my money in the solid blue chips, collect the dividends and the appreciation. I guess I realize value

I realize the value of a dollar, in your case it's always easy using "OLD" money!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                  You go right ahead and buy Cruise Ship stocks and book Cruises, I'll put my money in the solid blue chips, collect the dividends and the appreciation. I guess I realize value

I realize the value of a dollar, in your case it's always easy using "OLD" money!
                  I would not surprised if Carnival shutters all operation in a months time. China and South Korea appear to have it under control, but the rest of the world not so much.

That escalated quickly:
                  https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/carnival-halts-global-cruise-operations-60-days https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/carnival-halts-global-cruise-operations-60-days
                  Last edited by biglentil; Mar 12, 2020, 07:45.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Carnival and Royal Carribean - glug/glug. Ship Ahoy Me Maties!
                    April, maybe. Now, No!

Comment

Sumdum, cruise and travel are consumer discretionary, they get pounded at first signs of trouble in the market.

Buy something non correlated to the broader market that has less volitility and sleep like a baby. If the whole world gets quartuntined you still will pay your electric bill right? Still going to buy soap and shampoo?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Sumdum, cruise and travel are consumer discretionary, they get pounded at first signs of trouble in the market.

Buy something non correlated to the broader market that has less volitility and sleep like a baby. If the whole world gets quartuntined you still will pay your electric bill right? Still going to buy soap and shampoo?
                        And toilet paper LOL

Comment

if Corona wont get you Norwalk will, u know the virus that will have u crapping and puking at the same time. There are over 1000 staff on those floating barns, that staff live down below in squalor often in backed up sewage floating on floors, etc. Guess who later cleans your room, wipes the hand rails and makes your meals? yuk!

Comment

Wish I knew how to do Put option trading.

I think the travel industry is a long way from bottoming on this one.

I've got no desire to mingle around in an airport with people from all over the world and get on an airplane that came from who knows where.

Comment

I always thought Cruise Ships were Floating Garbage Dumps, Where do you think all the Sewage and Garbage On-board Goes to ?

Pull the plug and DRop it in the OCEANS

Floating PETRI Dishes as well

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...