• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perspective...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perspective...

Here's a Perspective for you Farrow, has this not been debated enough on Agriville? Do you honestly think anything has been achieved, or anyone has converted from one side of the debate to the other?

Or is it just a slow day on the farm and your wanting to stir the pot?

Comment

To play devils advocate, that same one part in 10,000 is actually proven to increase plant growth and drought tolerance very significantly in this CO2 starved era. So the miniscule nature of mans contribution may not be the best argument.

The fact that its potency as a greenhouse gas is minor (compared to the other greenhouse gases)at any level, and have almost no additional affect these higher levels thanks to the logarithmic effect of CO2 as a greenhouse gas is a much more rational and scientifically based argument.

But unfortunately, rationality, and science are no longer permitted in this debate, and I doubt any of the alarmists would know a logarithm if they tripped over one.
      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 10, 2020, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Here's a Perspective for you Farrow, has this not been debated enough on Agriville? Do you honestly think anything has been achieved, or anyone has converted from one side of the debate to the other?

Or is it just a slow day on the farm and your wanting to stir the pot?
        Just seen that yesterday, thought it was interesting.
        Long line at elevator , stirring the coffee , not the pot .

Comment

I watched a TV show the other night on archeological digs in England. In one particular spot in southern England they found the bones of an animal dating back 400,000 years. This animal still exists today but is now only found in warmer areas around the Mediterranean. Thus, England was substantially warmer back then and life thrived. The producers did not pick up on this obvious dilemma for the global warming doomers.

As an aside, they found elephant bones in the same area.

Comment

Climate change has been eradicating societies since time began. Stopping that is an arrogant idea. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Comment

Stop the nonsense Furrow! Ask greenhouse owners why they pump CO2 into their greenhouses. More CO2=more food. People just don’t seem to do their homework when it comes to issues like this then somewhere down the road they actually look at the facts after it’s to late and realize they been duped.
              Went to a meeting today discussing a company turning food waste into biological compost with added fertilizer to make a custom blend for your fields. The two things I took away from the talk were that the biochemist said more CO2 makes more food and that scientist don’t know everything! An honest guy in Ag. Who would have thunk.

Comment

Perspective

To plant 2,000,000,000 trees in 10 years I hope my math is correct that’s 200,000,000 a year say you can plant 150 days a year (I assume you don’t plant in Winter) Is that correct ,am I wrong or is the Liberal promise way out of whack.

Comment

Originally posted by J88 View Post
                  To plant 2,000,000,000 trees in 10 years I hope my math is correct that’s 200,000,000 a year say you can plant 150 days a year (I assume you don’t plant in Winter) Is that correct ,am I wrong or is the Liberal promise way out of whack.
                  Today’s liberals round out to the closest million.

Comment

Originally posted by J88 View Post
                    You are over thinking it too much. Justin says the trees will plant themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                      You are over thinking it too much. Justin says the trees will plant themselves!
                      They already do. I can’t keep up with the trees that have planted themselves around here.

Comment

Trees will balance themselves just like the budget lol

Comment

Lol. I have a 20 acre piece along our lake that I lost access to farm during the wet years. After ten years, it has been reverting back to trees and meadows. Amazing when left alone what happens. Fits in for me, as it will make for great grazing, but I should probably get funding for habitat construction!

Comment

With less cows in this part of the world, it is shocking to see how fast trees are taking over. Nearly every fenceline had a row of poplars, and they are quickly creeping out from every fence and bush in the absence of cattle, or steel.

I see new saplings at least 50 feet out from the previous years every year, at that rate, a bare quarter with trees along each side would be trees from end to end in just over 25 years. Probably wouldn't take that long with a few taking seed in the middle along the way.

Nasty weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              With less cows in this part of the world, it is shocking to see how fast trees are taking over. Nearly every fenceline had a row of poplars, and they are quickly creeping out from every fence and bush in the absence of cattle, or steel.

I see new saplings at least 50 feet out from the previous years every year, at that rate, a bare quarter with trees along each side would be trees from end to end in just over 25 years. Probably wouldn't take that long with a few taking seed in the middle along the way.

Nasty weeds.
                              And willows too. They come out of nowhere. Poplars creep out. This piece I am talking about, while annoying, I find fascinating to watch the progression. In the non treed areas. First weeds galore. Then grasses come in. Nature always covers the soil.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...