• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macdon02 I need education

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macdon02 I need education

Why has gold got the shitze on?

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Why has gold got the shitze on?
    Never trust a gold rally that moves up with DOW and USD. The 3 moved up together and now they are not. Something still isn't quite right but it "should" run inverted to Dow. Why do you buy it? Because someone is gonna wreck the monetary system, you don't trust dollars, there's going to be a war, it's insurance. The first dump was margin call financing so the masses could still own equities, this second one it's working into, is the majority see a risk off situation as Dow is recovering. Even though we had a new high, the close was lower that day, ever so barely. Gold runs a 16 ~ week cycle, silver is 18. Look and chart the gold/ silver ratio, its at an extreme here at 96 last time i looked. Silver didn't move up with gold, the ratio maxed out and both of their cycles are pointed down now, along with the risk off attitude regarding the flu. Commodities in general just went through a 3 reaction phase, last low being 2016 in oil, gold. I suspect copper is next, Yen. I really thought grains were going to see the same event, they could, but the odds are diminishing imo. Wait and see. Flip through charts that produced a low or high in 2016, those are the candidates to watch here.

Comment

PS when i say never trust a rally when USD, Dow and gold move up together, it means should own guns and ammo, or the entire world is buying anything priced in US $ and they don't trust their own currency. When an asset moves up in price in every currency, it's an indication of a true bull market. The entire world sees risk and just has to own it now because it may not be there tomorrow. I suspect you are absolutely killing it if priced in AUD at the moment, and you own some. The currency move isn't over yet. If you own some, keep it. The Feb 24 high had a higher close then yesterday. Hence the weakness.

Comment

There has been renewed interest in gold over the past few months and a fair bit of buying. When equities tanked, there was a scramble for liquid assets that could be used to plug holes in balance sheets. Gold is handy for that.

We tend to say that "gold goes up" or "gold goes down". On days when the gold price goes up, I prefer to think of this in terms of "the dollar goes down" meaning that our currency is dying.

Comment

Gold down hard with the parker shnavel gold rush crew having biggest season ever!!!

Comment

Perhaps the market perceives that the real risk right now is deflation, not inflation. Gold is a hedge against inflation, oil falling double digits isn't remotely inflationary.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Perhaps the market perceives that the real risk right now is deflation, not inflation. Gold is a hedge against inflation, oil falling double digits isn't remotely inflationary.
              A falling interest rate trend is profoundly deflationary for commodities. If that is the main issue facing the economy, the gold price in dollars will decline as well. When the gold price in dollars rises it is an indication of a failing currency.

At the top of the Zimbabwe inflation, gold in Zimbabwe would have been worth quadrillions of dollars an ounce. But not one person in Zimbabwe would have been willing to trade a speck of gold for even all those dollars.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...