• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow cover?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow cover?

Was in Regina last week. Couldn’t believe how little snow there is down there. I haven’t been out much this winter. But here we are well covered. Less than normal, but there will be a decent runoff.

Just curious what others are seeing.

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Was in Regina last week. Couldn’t believe how little snow there is down there. I haven’t been out much this winter. But here we are well covered. Less than normal, but there will be a decent runoff.

Just curious what others are seeing.
    More than enough in the triangle from Thunder Bay to Kenora to Fargo. Winnipeg in big trouble if it melts too fast. After 22" of rain in Sept/Oct 2019, I am ready for a prolonged drought.

Comment

Lots of snow cover here. In spite of being very warm, melting almost every day ever since the cold snap in early January, it just keeps accumulating. The boys and I went for a snowmobile ride around the farm, on the weekend, in places where it hasn't blown away, and is shaded, there was 3 feet of powder, makes for great riding, but poor spring harvest conditions. Apparently this most recent storm dumped a lot more east and north of here.

edit to add. Here is far west central AB.

Comment

Plenty of snow here east of Edmonton region but the center of the field is actually almost blown clear with large drifts along fences and in the yard proving once again that snow is pretty much useless from a crop production standpoint. Hoping for early spring and generally dry conditions so spring thrash can get underway soon.

Comment

Plenty of cover here yet.

I’m thankful we put new knobby drive tires on the feed truck most days like today. The pavement past my place has had ice continuously on it since mid November and is still a couple inches thick in spots yet.

Any thoughts of field work are distant dreams in this neighbourhood.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...