• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been busy sheepwheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been busy sheepwheat

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4332E2B-3785-4482-91AC-187AACFF7384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	779317

Name:	5386905B-23FD-44D2-9742-1733CCEA0BFA.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	779318

Name:	2C9DDD41-E2CB-4EB7-B278-08AE696A02AD.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	779319

Preg testing results. I’m a small merino breeder 1805 ewes.
    1.5 yr old 9% dry 48% single 43% twins 2.5 yr 7% dry 50% s 43% tw 3.5 to 4.5 yr 7% dry 46% s 47% tw. Empty ewes removed around 150%.

Average before dry removed 137% Don’t scan every year. But did his year to pump twinners

Arse is dragging on the ground so to me left knacker and bum crack sweat thank goodness a cold day 17c

Comment

Wow that’s a lot of sheep. Average sask flock size is like 25 ewes. Which is a big part of our industry immaturity. Not enough people take sheep seriously, and it hurts our industry. It is so odd to me. Sheep are so much more profitable than cows, but not many people accept that. If they did, there would be less cows.

Comment

So mallee you did a three way sort off the “headgate” I gather? How many head an hour can you put through? When we do the cows or heifers we can do 100-125 head/hr and just sort open or bred.

Do you feed the twin pen “better” with some extra grain?

Just curious.

P.S. It’s been like +3 here lately and not needing a toque has been awesome.

Comment

Just wondering how much of an % increase of twinners have you gained through selection since you started.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            So mallee you did a three way sort off the “headgate” I gather? How many head an hour can you put through? When we do the cows or heifers we can do 100-125 head/hr and just sort open or bred.

Do you feed the twin pen “better” with some extra grain?

Just curious.

P.S. It’s been like +3 here lately and not needing a toque has been awesome.
            Good morning basically ewes with twins run as two mobs get double feed over single bearing ewes.
            Yeah thee way draft

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
              Just wondering how much of an % increase of twinners have you gained through selection since you started.
              Never been measured but it’s genetically a inheritable strong trait

Comment

Reckon average would 2500 ewes maybe even 3ooo

I’m building back up

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...