• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBC news

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    They all have something to offer.
    If Fox news started posting stories that were incompatible with western civilization, economics and morality, I would turn them off right away.

CBC, CNN, CTV etc have already earned that privlage. Proof? earth destroyed 12 yrs, shut down everything, free everything to counter capitalism, $100T green deal, open borders, criminals voting and the one I just love is the 4th trimester abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Anyone with an inkling of critical thinking skills ( sorry to single you out Chuck) should be willing and able to filter through news sources of all types, political slants, ideologies, countries etc.

As long as you can accept that every single one of the has bias. And accept that nothing is free, so they all have to push an agenda to pay the bills, regardless if they are public, private for profit, or just some individual with a blog or a twitter account.

No TV in this household, but I will check any and every news source. CBC, BBC, ABC, Al Jazeera, Public and Private Russian sources, FOX, CNN, SCMP, I've tried to check Rebel News, but can't seem to navigate their website, probably supposed to send money first?, etc etc.

They all have something to offer.
      Does that include climate scientists and their organizations? Or does your open mind stop there?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        If Fox news started posting stories that were incompatible with western civilization, economics and morality, I would turn them off right away.

CBC, CNN, CTV etc have already earned that privlage. Proof? earth destroyed 12 yrs, shut down everything, free everything to counter capitalism, $100T green deal, open borders, criminals voting and the one I just love is the 4th trimester abortion.
        Then how do you understand what we are up against, if you don't see the pablum Chuck and friends are being spoon fed? Sticking our collective heads in the sand doesn't work, we need to understand their point of view in order to counter them, and keep one step ahead.

Fortuitously for us, Chuck is willing to bring some of the more absurd leftish point of view to Agriville to allow us a glimpse into that thought process( or lack thereof), saving us the necessity of filtering though all of it. But even he has limited resources to bring it all to light for us, and purposefully avoids really uncomfortable topics. Sometimes we still need to go down that rabbit hole ourselves. Such as when I checked out the NFU website, member bios and press releases, we don't realize how detached from reality these people are until you see it for yourself.

Comment

Yeah the flu is a hoax. It's been 60 days since the outbreak and there's 3000 dead. If we have 2 more weeks and we don't have stacks of dead piled up in skating rinks, equities will snapback above the recent highs so fast it'll make the downside look like a blip. Realize we don't use leeches in modern medicine.... I'm still expecting a fresh low in equities but it doesn't have to. Huge opportunity here short term

Comment

I used to defend CBC but that stopped a long time ago and now I'm onboard with giving them the heave ho. Comparing what they do to journalism just reveals how little you know about real journalism. There's very few organizations left that do good journalism. CBC is capable of doing it and occasionally they surprise me. We've found a feed for France 24 online that is pretty good most of the time. We've got an Al Jazeera online feed that again is pretty good, most of the time. BBC has their moments - their international service is still decent but their UK coverage is maybe even more biased than CBC is for Canadian coverage. CNN, Fox, RT, Chinese TV - mostly they're just entertainment wrapped around advertising.

Its a new world. If you're getting your "news" from a single source or even a few sources then you don't have enough information to evaluate the validity of what you are seeing. Much as I appreciate the fact that the Brits still fund international journalism, I don't know what the business case is for CBC any more. Everything changes.

Comment

Cbc does go too easy on Trudeau.
              A lot of the time.
              Too easy on a lot of other groups as well, in the name of political correctness.

CNN goes too hard on Trump about 5 % of the time.
              The rest of the time , they are just pointing out trumps lies and misdeeds.
              Trump and his team earn that coverage every day.
              They just point it out. If the truth hurts.
              Well you better watch Fox then.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                Cbc does go too easy on Trudeau.
                A lot of the time.
                Too easy on a lot of other groups as well, in the name of political correctness. CNN goes too hard on Trump about 5 % of the time.
                The rest of the time , they are just pointing out trumps lies and misdeeds.
                Trump and his team earn that coverage every day.
                They just point it out.
                Well said. The funny thing is the convergence of "fake news" and Trump and Trudeau in this same era, for whom truth is stranger than fiction, and fake news isn't even required, in fact it is getting harder to distinguish between the two, when, their real lives seem determined to out-sensationalize the fake news itself. Even fake news is losing credibility in this environment, however that can be possible. No one needs to invent stories about these two, they provide them ready to serve.

May you live in interesting times.

Comment

CBC and CTV almost non stop coverage of the leadership race going with the Dem's in the US.

Never a mention of the Conservative leadership race going on in Canada. If i didn't use social media i would have no idea who was running.

One of these leadership races is going to produce a new leader for a county and i don't think its the one the media is focused on.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                    CBC and CTV almost non stop coverage of the leadership race going with the Dem's in the US.

Never a mention of the Conservative leadership race going on in Canada. If i didn't use social media i would have no idea who was running.

One of these leadership races is going to produce a new leader for a county and i don't think its the one the media is focused on.
                    Come on now. Cbc has made sure to tell us that that nasty social conservative leadership guy got the boot, that Mckay tweeted a bad thing about the protestors. They have had great coverage!!! Lol

Comment

For the media, an ongoing crisis is comparable to 190 bu./ acre canola crop for a farmer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaFH9slcxJo&app= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaFH9slcxJo&app=

Comment

Further to what I was saying above regarding seeing things from the opposite perspective, and specifically the NFU.

On this site, Chuck tries to present himself as a moderate centrist, representative of typical western Canadians, yet to most of us, he appears to be from the radical left fringe.

This apparent discrepancy becomes much clearer when you learn about the membership, and political ambitions of the NFU, of which he is a member. Compared to their extreme marxist membership, Chuck likely feels like an alt right conservative next to them. So when he surrounds himself with that type of people, and that type of newsfeeds, he rightfully feels that he takes the sensible middle ground on most issues, and by default, the majority in the actual political center must be right wing lunatics. His view point on the political spectrum has shifted so far left, and for so long, and ignored the existence of anything right of that point, that it now feels like center.

It is all about perspective. We are all guilty of viewing the world through our own unique and local lenses. And accept the biases of the people we associate with, and the news sources we gravitate to.

Reading certain members of this forum is such an interesting study in human nature and political ideologies.

Comment

CBC S/B charged with treason for their coverage of the recent blockades.

The local tribes kept trying to say they didn't support the people protesting in thier name.

CBC gave some coverage but no more than a few words.

I remember listening to John Glens earth orbit and used to turn it on at 5 to 6 to get the AM news.

I can't take 5 minutes at any time of the day.

No country for old farmers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...