• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberal/Democracts-Ultimate Hypocrites

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberal/Democracts-Ultimate Hypocrites

Watching the US news this AM....I’m amazed at all the Jet fuel that is burnt running around in a political campaign. They criss-cross the USA at FL40 like I walk across the farmyard each day.

And these same people preach climate change and elimination of fossil fuel to the masses while they burn thousand of gallons of Jet-A doing Gods work, leaving a massive carbon footprint that dwarfs what the average citizen leaves in an entire lifetime.

If I had time and the money, I would troll the hell out of these people and document every airport they land at and how much fuel they burnt on an individual bases and plaster it all over social media....it would shame them and totally ruin their credibility and bury their silly climate change notions.....and maybe my natural gas bill would be less and my blood pressure lower when I open the bill.

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
    Watching the US news this AM....I’m amazed at all the Jet fuel that is burnt running around in a political campaign. They criss-cross the USA at FL40 like I walk across the farmyard each day.

And these same people preach climate change and elimination of fossil fuel to the masses while they burn thousand of gallons of Jet-A doing Gods work, leaving a massive carbon footprint that dwarfs what the average citizen leaves in an entire lifetime.

If I had time and the money, I would troll the hell out of these people and document every airport they land at and how much fuel they burnt on an individual bases and plaster it all over social media....it would shame them and totally ruin their credibility and bury their silly climate change notions.....and maybe my natural gas bill would be less and my blood pressure lower when I open the bill.
    They asked the MP from Victoria ..Lauren Collins about her carbon footprint....in a debate about Teck...

Her reply was that is the typical conservative question asking about individual's carbon footprint when we should be looking for solutions.....

Basically she said does I say not as I do...her flight back and forth would leave a footprint greater than my farm in a year...

Comment

Lots of Conservatives and farmers are hypocrites on many issues as well.

So instead of instead of pointing out the failings of campaigning politicians you disagree with, maybe you should look in the mirror and clean up your own hypocrisy. Lead by example.

But I am sure many of you consider yourself better citizens than everyone else and free of hypocrisy! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Lots of Conservatives and farmers are hypocrites on many issues as well.

So instead of instead of pointing out the failings of campaigning politicians you disagree with, maybe you should look in the mirror and clean up your own hypocrisy. Lead by example.

But I am sure many of you consider yourself better citizens than everyone else and free of hypocrisy! LOL
        I consider myself a model citizen.....cleaning up the environment with clean burning engines on the farm, paying a carbon tax, sequestering carbon with no till disc drill farming....

Might be a little bit of sarcasm in that comment but most farmers are doing more than their fair share of cleaning up the environment...

Look at the emissions map of Wuhan since this coronavirus started and I think most can see where the problem in the world environmental issues are...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          I consider myself a model citizen.....cleaning up the environment with clean burning engines on the farm, paying a carbon tax, sequestering carbon with no till disc drill farming....

Might be a little bit of sarcasm in that comment but most farmers are doing more than their fair share of cleaning up the environment...

Look at the emissions map of Wuhan since this coronavirus started and I think most can see where the problem in the world environmental issues are...
          The emissions maps from early January to end of February is startling. We know that China is a polluter but to the degree they add NO2 is amazing as evidenced by the shutdown of their industries.

I think the protesters should lobby to send the Chinese back to the rice paddies. There is nothing that we can’t build in North America that is better quality and gives our citizens meaningful work, not to mention will be kind to the environment.

The $30 million dollar a year CEO’s have led this hollowing out of industry on account of bucks....not empathy for a Country and the welfare of its people.

That needs to change now and we need to depend on ourselves not a communist regime for our pharmaceuticals and the machine components we need to run our economy.

Comment

Crestliner I think a lot of what you say is correct.
            It is about money.
            The ceo's , got the green light from the
            Champions of globalisation.
            Reagan and Bush senior.
            Whether they were pawns of the
            Corporate world, or willing partners ,probably the case.
            And Clinton was pretty much on the same team

That's what the right wanted.
            corporate Capitol to move freely
            Around the world.
            Can't impede capitalism.
            The only groups opposed , were the unions
            And the left.
            So obviously globalization is the way to go.

There were benefits of the shift
            From 28 $ /hr. Union jobs to 50 cents
            / hr. In China
            A lot of inexpensive products, and
            You can make a running shoe for 2$ and sell
            For 60$, that is a lot $ going to the top corporate intrests

There were a lot of drawbacks as well.
            A lot You
            Gut your own industries, to the point that all of a sudden
            They are gone.

But the right never thinks that far ahead..

Now try and blame it on somebody else, as Trump is.

We are just lucky as farmers that we can still produce
            Something the world still wants.
            At least temporarily.
            But not for long .

the seed thing ,
            Just another transfer of wealth to the same folks.

Give away your rights to plant your own seed.
            Because we are too cheap or lazy to breed our own.
            And entrust 3 corporations to own every seed on the planet.
            What could possibly go wrong?

Globalization seemed like a hell of a good idea , at the
            Time.
            And I am sure Tomcwb was fully onside at the time.
            Just like the seed thing , he has been peddling the last
            20 years.
            These are not really Liberal /democrat messes .
            And let's not confuse who is to blame for them
            Last edited by sawfly1; Mar 5, 2020, 02:02.

Comment

Sawfly,
              I have been a CSGA pedigreed seed grower for over 40 years. Out rouging seed fields since 1972.

I have worked tirelessly to retain the farmer right to control our seeds... CSTA/Seed companies apparently do not appreciate the farmers rights to control the seeds they grow[especially in western Canada]... nor do the Seed 'industry' accept the right of farmer seed growers to refuse to be bought off with their empty promises. The National Seed Organization [NSO] is a flawed attempt to steal the control of seed production away from western Canadian farmers by the Seed Industry.

Any industry can 'weaponize' just about any good intention... which SVUA trailing royalties enforced by contracts... particularly on AAFC/public bred varieties that have a large contribution from Canadian or provincial taxpayers and western Canadian farmers alike...
              Are the most offensive breach of ethics... Limagrain/private bred varieties are different being outside the public plant breeding infrastructure.

Much to think about... we are at a crossroads on control of our seeds.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.