• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Lubricants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Lubricants

Just wondering what people are using/adding to their diesel? We've been Kleen-Flo diesel Lubricant (relatively cheap and easy to buy) in the past and haven't had any issues but just wondering if there's another brand that's caught on with the Agriville group. I've heard some guys using JD product and certified's product but it gets pretty pricey.

On a side note, we filled up the other day with coop fuel while the union is playing nice and allowing semi's in and out. Price is a lot less than it was in the fall.

We use DSG 4+ premium for regular use, and 4+ superclean when a unit starts giving us trouble due to stupid biodiesel.

Comment

Everything is “au naturale” here. Last stuff used here was some when the summer fuel gelled some 20 years ago. Can’t say we’ve had any issues due to fuel .......... have you?

P.S. Maybe I’m just a cheap or lazy to even think about stuff like additives.

Comment

Don’t use any extra additives.

Coop mentioned the price is two cents higher than last years low for summer diesel.

Comment

Premium 4+. Buy the 10 litre jug and I fill the 1 litre jugs with them.

Comment

When you run antiques meant to run on high sulfur diesel, you dont have much of a choice... we took the roosa master pump out of a deere 466 within a year of going to ULSD. Have been running howes fairly steady ever since. No failures so far.

Was impressed with 4+ polar max's ability to keep summer diesel flowing this winter, even with startups at -35, so have started dumping dsg 4+ premium into the tank at fillup, rather than dosing each tractor/truck tank.

Just did a full rebuild on a c15, and there was noticeable buildup on the injectors and tops of liners. Fully intend to run treated fuel through it from now on, so when I pull an injector in a couple thousand hours, I'll know whether it makes a difference I guess.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	11MC62_AS01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	769433

Winter fuel can't gel until it does.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                When you run antiques meant to run on high sulfur diesel, you dont have much of a choice... we took the roosa master pump out of a deere 466 within a year of going to ULSD. Have been running howes fairly steady ever since. No failures so far.

Was impressed with 4+ polar max's ability to keep summer diesel flowing this winter, even with startups at -35, so have started dumping dsg 4+ premium into the tank at fillup, rather than dosing each tractor/truck tank.

Just did a full rebuild on a c15, and there was noticeable buildup on the injectors and tops of liners. Fully intend to run treated fuel through it from now on, so when I pull an injector in a couple thousand hours, I'll know whether it makes a difference I guess.
                I’ve run the numbers with and without diesel additive. And at the end of the day the amount it costs to to buy the bottle you gain that in mileage increase. So it doesn’t cost anything. Your motor running longer is the bonus.

Comment

Dont use any on a regular basis, my expectation is that all the required additives should be in the fuel already. Have a loader/haying tractor with a 4cyl Perkins that I put some Lube Corp with a cetane boost in it for haying season. Was not a believer but was underpowered for the job and we proved it on the dyno that it ads about 10hp.

Comment

Used Deere for a few years, Howes last couple, mainly to disperse any water. Never had any fuel/engine issues in 50 years. Fuel system tolerances are the fact today. Use filters on storage tanks also.

Comment

Sea Foam in the snowmobile, quads and auger gas engines. No diesel additives.
                      Winter tractors I drain the water from collector base of tractor fuel tank and empty the little glass bowl at the injection pump. This usually grts me through the winter. If I gel up, I keep spare “diesel melt” and filters on the tractor because usually it happens a mile from home.

A side question. A young guy bought a 2004 Duramax. He added automatic transmission fluid into the diesel fuel to “clean up” any injector issues. That sounds unusual to me but I dont know enough if that would work.
                      Also my neighbor adds 1 litre of ATF in the tractor engine crankcase at warmup time to change engine oil. These are 25 year old Versatile 4wds. He says it “cleans them up” internally. It would be scared to do that but that is just because I am ignorant on the subject. Does somebody have confirmation good/bad about this?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...