• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richie Bros-SASK Spring Yard Sales-OMG WHAT IS GOING ON

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richie Bros-SASK Spring Yard Sales-OMG WHAT IS GOING ON

Who is dumping all the new equipment onto RB lots? Who is going to buy this and at what price? US farmers might be the buyers as they have strong dollar and have jingle in the pocket!

It amazes me the quality and quantity of high quality equipment at the auction.

When I was a kid, the yard auction was a chance to go have a greasy burger, trade stories with the local farmers and watch a bunch of junk get overpaid for.

Now it’s shinier and newer than some main line dealers and wow where does the cash come from?

My banker says it’s fake. It is land equity buying the iron, and the selling is related to the impossibility to pay for it with grain farming.

I agree with him.

Comment

Wolfe Farms International.....it seems they have new equipment every year...

Used to be equipment would last longer than that....

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
        Who is dumping all the new equipment onto RB lots? Who is going to buy this and at what price? US farmers might be the buyers as they have strong dollar and have jingle in the pocket!

It amazes me the quality and quantity of high quality equipment at the auction.

When I was a kid, the yard auction was a chance to go have a greasy burger, trade stories with the local farmers and watch a bunch of junk get overpaid for.

Now it’s shinier and newer than some main line dealers and wow where does the cash come from?
        If you push the details ..it will tell you where most of the equipment is coming from...

One of the guys is downsizing ....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Wolfe Farms International.....
          Sold out, is the rumour. I will let you guess who the suspected new owner is. They don't drive green.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Sold out, is the rumour. I will let you guess who the suspected new owner is. They don't drive green.
            yellow or red? that would be the best hint...

Comment

Unfortunately one never knows the behind the scenes story and how some can keep borrowing and/or buying land and machinery

One can conclude WHY would you flip the whole line every year??? There is no way is can make monetary sense as it will always be the most expensive route with 1st year depreciation.

Most likely those that flip every year are into the lease scam where the dealer makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside that the payment is a 100% right off and the famous words "its a great deal that I can't believe company is giving you" or the best one, "at least you will have warranty.

When will some guys learn that driving under warranty costs big time! As another poster said, is this equipment only good for one year? I must be lucky then as mine seems to be lasting a lot longer just fine.

I think for many its all about the show and the image. That may change real soon. When you convert major cash rent acres of $80+ to owned acres and now have to anti up $170+ the bleed starts real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                My banker says it’s fake. It is land equity buying the iron, and the selling is related to the impossibility to pay for it with grain farming.

I agree with him.
                Doesn't matter to me how or why they are willing to subsidize the used machinery market so drastically, just so long as they are willing to keep doing it. It makes grain farming a very profitable enterprise when used equipment is nearly free(as compared to new) due to lack of demand for anything that isn't new.

Comment

It is interesting to watch huge farms , 30-50,000ac plus flip equipment every year regardless of crop conditions or grain markets .
                  Someone is losing big time somewhere .
                  But as AF5 stated it does bring opportunity to the rest of us to get used late model machinery if it’s workable into our operations at a fraction of the cost sometimes

Comment

The winner in all this isn’t the BTO it’s the guy down the line. BTO drives up your equity.

BTO sells equip or rb gets and farmers win buying it at way less price.

In the end the BTO will be gone and replaced by the ones who say back and watched.

Look at history it always does.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      Doesn't matter to me how or why they are willing to subsidize the used machinery market so drastically, just so long as they are willing to keep doing it. It makes grain farming a very profitable enterprise when used equipment is nearly free(as compared to new) due to lack of demand for anything that isn't new.
                      The BTO operations that flip every year you do have to be very cautious if there is no warranty on big ticket items. The maintenance on the equipment may be very poor. The bargain you thought you got may not be there if you are caught with a major repair bill.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                        The BTO operations that flip every year you do have to be very cautious if there is no warranty on big ticket items. The maintenance on the equipment may be very poor. The bargain you thought you got may not be there if you are caught with a major repair bill.
                        It’s a known fact that a huge percentage of this flipped equipment has had zero maintenance. But it holds price on other related used equipment for the most part . DYODD

Comment

Just showed up on land titles, Monette farms bought Wolfe land: 30 million for 46 quarters plus yard

Comment

Originally posted by SWFarmer View Post
                            Just showed up on land titles, Monette farms bought Wolfe land: 30 million for 46 quarters plus yard
                            Monette must have had huge crops over the past several years to continue expanding lik Ed they are .

Comment

By my math that is just over $650 000 a quarter. What area of Saskatchewan that certainly seems like in the upper range of prices per quarter is it not?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...