• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Chain Disruptions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Hmmmmm watch this space

Despite the alarm, authorities urged calm and tried to balance precautionary closures with the economic reality of regions highly dependent on tourism and commerce. Hotel reservations in Venice were down one-third during the first weekend of Carnival, though floods in the lagoon city late last year likely scared off visitors.

“This is not an Italian ’Wuhan,″” insisted Ivana Jlenic, president of the federation of Italian tourism and travel agencies, Fiavet. “Avoiding all travel at this time would just be alarmist.”
    It appears calm is soon out the window as this starts to multiply in countries with cases that can't be directly linked to China:
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/china-coronavirus-outbreak-latest-updates-200222222743195.html https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/china-coronavirus-outbreak-latest-updates-200222222743195.html

I hope our "Wash you hands" directive is all we need but somehow doubt it.

Some questions of why you need a 2 week quarantine if you arrive on a government evacuation flight but reports out of Honcouver say its business as usual with no extra security for Asian flights.

If we get any significant blow up I expect our US boarders will close as our policy on this appears to be if you don't look you won't find anything.

More decisive government leadership.

Comment

Containing the virus is an absolute nightmare. The infected can be asymptomatic for up to 28 days, 14 day quarantines are not near long enough. The official tests regularly give false negatives even in patients in severe condition. Reports are coming out that it's aerosolized. It's not just coughs that are dangerous but farts too. Spreads through sewer gas, even urine. The mainstream narrative that the flu is worse is quickly looking silly. Patient Zero with this novel virus was only diagnosed a couple months ago. The flu has been around for ages it does not make any sense to compare it to a novel virus outbreak.

I expect Japan to call off the summer Olympics soon. Maybe that will catch front page news. For now mainstream media appears to be most concerned with anything but reporting on what is really happening.
      Last edited by biglentil; Feb 23, 2020, 13:47.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Containing the virus is an absolute nightmare. The infected can be asymptomatic for up to 28 days, 14 day quarantines are not near long enough. The official tests regularly give false negatives even in patients in severe condition. Reports are coming out that is aerosolized it's not just coughs that are dangerous but farts too. Spreads through sewer gas, even urine. The mainstream narrative that the flu is worse is quickly looking silly. Patient Zero with this novel virus was only diagnosed a couple months ago. The flu has been around for ages it does make any sense to compare it to a novel virus outbreak.

I expect Japan to call off the summer Olympics soon. Maybe that will catch front page news. For now mainstream media appears to be most concerned with anything but reporting on what is really happening.
        What news sources do you follow? You seem to be ahead of the MSM, and the sources I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          What news sources do you follow? You seem to be ahead of the MSM, and the sources I've seen.
          Many sources but if I were to recommend one to follow it would be Chris Martenson's videos https://www.peakprosperity.com https://www.peakprosperity.com . A very good overview if you want to stay current watch his latest video "Its Exponential" produced feb22.
          Last edited by biglentil; Feb 23, 2020, 12:48.

Comment

And that is what makes it a discussion forum. I don't come to read people who agree with everything I say or think, I want my views challenged. You always bring up a lot of very valid and timely (and generally unpopular) information, and I always read, often follow up researching what you have to say.

If you have a bunch of surplus freshly printed currency of any type, and you need to invest it somewhere in the world, what and where looks less worse than USD denominated assets right now?
            Enjoy your comments as well . . . thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
              Enjoy your comments as well . . . thumbs up!
              Errol, check out the last 15 minutes of this presentation and you will see Zeihan is calling for the exact same thing I am.

Direct quote, China will not be technologically equivalent to the US until the year 2080 on present course.

Comment

The MSM are asleep on this one so far.

Official channels say, "it's under control", or "it's just the flu"...

There was a pretty decent amount of information hitting the darker corners of the web, but china has clamped down hard on VPN's which were allowing people to get info out.

Zerohedge alleges it slipped out of the wuhan level 4 lab? Banned from twitter.

A citizen journalist was going into hospitals and interviewing ppl in china... he's "dissapeared".

I dunno, this viral outbreak feels like a real black swan event. It's patient, slow burning nature makes it particularly insidious.

If you're into conspiracies, it's nearly perfect in its ability to wreak havoc...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                  The MSM are asleep on this one so far.

Official channels say, "it's under control", or "it's just the flu"...

There was a pretty decent amount of information hitting the darker corners of the web, but china has clamped down hard on VPN's which were allowing people to get info out.

Zerohedge alleges it slipped out of the wuhan level 4 lab? Banned from twitter.

A citizen journalist was going into hospitals and interviewing ppl in china... he's "dissapeared".

I dunno, this viral outbreak feels like a real black swan event. It's patient, slow burning nature makes it particularly insidious.

If you're into conspiracies, it's nearly perfect in its ability to wreak havoc...
                  Reminds me of dragging a burning tire on an old chunk of diamond harrow along a section of heavy canary stubble. Starts slow but then lookout, you are sure to get the neighbour's attention. If it wasn't windy when you started it don't worry it will be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...