• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mohawks told to 'dig in' by chiefs.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Farmers should join in......

I can guarantee if i went and protested at a mainline railway around here I would be in jail....
    And what would it have got you?

Comment

If I were native groups I would sit back and have a look at the news once in a while.

Skippy brought in 1.5M new immigrants to the country in the past 18 months or so. Thats more than the entire indigenous population in the country.

I would say not pissing off the white man is probably a good strategy right now because you wont like the alternative. You think your land claim is going to matter to chinese and muslims? Maybe have a look on youtube and see how Chinese treat people infected with coronavirus or even regular people.

Comment

I wonder how much longer the Winnipeg jets will begin their games with the announcement "You are on Treaty Land"? Maybe the Jets should be paying rent to the treaty one first nations too? Could get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
          And what would it have got you?
          If farmers joined the blockades at least they would start to be taken seriously....

They have been studying BRMs for 5 years and the carbon tax effects for a year....

Nothing has changed...empty talk...

It's interesting that there is a difference between a blockade and a organized protest ...

One is recognized by government.... the other is treated as radical protest...

Blockades of the economy ....good

United we roll...bad radical protest
          Last edited by bucket; Feb 17, 2020, 10:03.

Comment

Natives hate immigrants.

Very tough to compete with for entry level jobs.

They go to work every day.

Comment

If the 20 elected band chiefs who initially agreed to the gas pipeline would get together and meet with the band member protestors only, not the ambulance chasers, and explain the monetary advantages the natives in the area would gain by allowing this project to go ahead.

Explain to them, continuing with this protest is against the wishes of the elected band councils and only hurting native credibility in the eyes of Canada.

It would show the next federal government that band council decisions are final and valid.

I think the optics for the Group of Twenty would shine for years to come if they could resolve this themselves, leaving our elected leader at the podium, blubbering to a empty room.
              Last edited by rumrocks; Feb 17, 2020, 19:32.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                If the 20 elected band chiefs who initially agreed to the gas pipeline would get together and meet with the band member protestors only, not the ambulance chasers, and explain the monetary advantages the natives in the area would gain by allowing this project to go ahead.

Explain to them, continuing with this protest is against the wishes of the elected band councils and only hurting native credibility in the eyes of Canada.

It would show the next federal government that band council decisions are final and valid.

I think the optics for the Group of Twenty would shine for years to come if they could resolve this themselves, leaving our elected leader at the podium, blubbering to a empty room.
                Nice thought but someone needs a spine and a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  Nice thought but someone needs a spine and a good idea.
                  Just need anyone pushing the tar sand campaign by the Rockefeller’s thrown in jail and charged with treason. That would solve ALOT of problems with this country.

Comment

Justy is home now. Everything will get straightened out. Or he was up all night painting his sign to join in the blockades.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                      Just need anyone pushing the tar sand campaign by the Rockefeller’s thrown in jail and charged with treason. That would solve ALOT of problems with this country.
                      I’m referring to a unified native movement in support of pipelines. They get led by the nose and duped by every slick sales pitch and convincing conman. When your education system is so watered down that basic literacy is about all that is required and attendance not enforced, critical thinking skills aren’t a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                        There are very few Mohawks at the “Mohawk” blockade. Lots of Americans and professional lefties from Toronto. You look for the people who organized every past blockade on the Mohawk territory - none of them are involved this time
                        Mohawk territory, eh?

Well I guess it was for the time after they massacred and wiped out the Huron Indians who lived there before them for centuries.

Somehow, I don't think you will any time soon hear the Mohawks refer to that land as ceded territory....

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                          Mohawk territory, eh?

Well I guess it was for the time after they massacred and wiped out the Huron Indians who lived there before them for centuries.

Somehow, I don't think you will any time soon hear the Mohawks refer to that land as ceded territory....
                          No it was granted to them by the Crown, same as every other Loyalist got when they came north.

Comment

The Mohawks and Iroquois BUTCHERED all the Hurons...real nice guys then, NO negotiations/talk, took their territories in war, but dialogue needed now.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              The Mohawks and Iroquois BUTCHERED all the Hurons...real nice guys then, NO negotiations/talk, took their territories in war, but dialogue needed now.
                              I was wondering about that the last couple days .....didn't these guys all have bloody wars amongst themselves....not sure why things have changed....

Maybe because the white man could annihilate them pretty quick....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...