• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont Call It Global Warming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    And then you proceeded to use a single weather event ( one days temperture in one location in Antarctica), and explained how that is proof that of a warming climate to show us the difference between weather and climate.

You also falsely overstated the claimed global warming by more than double, and you falsely claimed that the rate of warming is unprecedented, even when faced with the evidence against both. I think we can be excused for being confused. I suspect that your motives are much more noble than Chuck et al, but your understanding of the underlying science, and ability to rationalize media talking points are somewhat lacking.
    Never said it was proof for climate warming, just that record highs will extend upward the already proven increasing climate trend. . Because that is what makes trends go up, higher numbers. FFS, you keep taking points, add your own spin, say it was my spin and post. Pretty annoying.

Math is hard.

Or is it you can't understand the record highs exceed record lows increases an average? Why am i even asking this...

Comment

All depends on what year you start from...

Comment

"CO2 is not a greenhouse gas"
        Google... "earths average temperature without co2"
        -18C

Comment

Realism -

The bloody idiot hostess needs a slap of manners realism.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            Never said it was proof for climate warming, just that record highs will extend upward the already proven increasing climate trend. . Because that is what makes trends go up, higher numbers. FFS, you keep taking points, add your own spin, say it was my spin and post. Pretty annoying.

Math is hard.

Or is it you can't understand the record highs exceed record lows increases an average? Why am i even asking this...
            Math is not hard , if all climate models would include the true value of particle forcing , which most ignore , this whole climate catastrophe would get wiped off the map and some sensibility would be in play to discuss real climate change and where it will be in the next 5-10 years . And not end up as an attack simply on tax payers for a way over an exaggerated fairy tail .
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Feb 29, 2020, 02:05.

Comment

Math is hard.

You keep using some variation of this statement
              increasing climate trend
              . What does that even mean? Climate ins't a measurable quantity by itself, it doesn't increase or decrease. Are you referring to temperatures, precipitation frost free days? Daily highs, daily lows?, Extreme weather events?

If you are referring to average temperatures in Antarctica as the context seems to indicate, then the trend is flat or down in almost all stations. A single record high within that trend( and with an extremely short and spotty temperature record), is weather.

You talk about math, can you visualize how insignificant one daily high temperature (for a few hours out of the day, and out of 365 days per year) in one station out of dozens on the continent, over multiple years, is to the average temperature trend?
              When you see your yield monitor blip up to 200 BPA for a split second as the stars all align, do you extrapolate that data to a trend over the entire farm for the foreseeable future?

Comment

Sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	We can't fight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	769430

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                  Sure.

[ATTACH]5657[/ATTACH]
                  Reminds me of Jordan Peterson's clean your room rule. How can we expect to "fix" something as intangible and complex the climate( as if the climate has, or ever had an ideal steady state utopia,let along could be coerced into such a state at our will), when we can't even fix simple problems right in our own backyard, with all the tools, resources and knowledge having been available for decades.

Comment

You talk about math, can you visualize how insignificant one daily high temperature (for a few hours out of the day, and out of 365 days per year) in one station out of dozens on the continent, over multiple years, is to the average temperature trend?
                    Referring to the fact all over the world, generally there are more higher records then low.

So what does this tell you, trend going up or down?

Last updated at Sat Feb 29 23:35:05 UTC 2020 using 2265 observations from 23UTC

There are currently 2211 stations that have broken their daily high record, 3 that are tying it, and 6 that are near it.
                    There are currently 45 stations that have broken their daily low record, 0 that are tying it, and 0 that are near it.

If there was just one, well yes fairly insignificant - but still can be assigned a weight. How about 2211 vs 45? What is the trend, best guess, heading in?

Comment

Referring to the fact all over the world, generally there are more higher records then low.

So what does this tell you, trend going up or down?

Last updated at Sat Feb 29 23:35:05 UTC 2020 using 2265 observations from 23UTC

There are currently 2211 stations that have broken their daily high record, 3 that are tying it, and 6 that are near it.
                      There are currently 45 stations that have broken their daily low record, 0 that are tying it, and 0 that are near it.

If there was just one, well yes fairly insignificant - but still can be assigned a weight. How about 2211 vs 45? What is the trend, best guess, heading in?
                      I thought we were discussing the record in Antarctica. One of the few places not affected by urban heat island effects, and a myriad of other human influences on weather and temperature.

Comment

I thought we were discussing the record in Antarctica. One of the few places not affected by urban heat island effects, and a myriad of other human influences on weather and temperature.
                        Even simpler is the discussion,

What is climate. Check.

What is weather. Check.

Is the global climate temp going up, or down. Still debating i guess.

Comment

Even simpler is the discussion,

What is climate. Check.

What is weather. Check.

Is the global climate temp going up, or down. Still debating i guess.
                          A Global Temperature is TOO COMPLEX with a huge ERROR factor to even believe.

Climate has and always will CHANGE! So what? Constant change is NORMAL not a CRISIS/EMERGENCY!
                          Last edited by fjlip; Feb 29, 2020, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            A Global Temperature is TOO COMPLEX with a huge ERROR factor to even believe.

Climate has and always will CHANGE! So what? Constant change is NORMAL not a CRISIS/EMERGENCY!
                            Chill pill dude, no one here is saying anything like that. For the 27th time, climate is the average of temperatures (weather) over the last 30 years, is it trending up or down?

Leave the philosophical/soci-politcal questions for another discussion.

And no, it isn't too complicated for someone with at least grade 7 math. You take the temperatures daily from all around the world and average them over 30 years. No errors, not that hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                              Realism -

The bloody idiot hostess needs a slap of manners realism.
                              What a bitch

Comment

Reminds me of Jordan Peterson's clean your room rule. How can we expect to "fix" something as intangible and complex the climate( as if the climate has, or ever had an ideal steady state utopia,let along could be coerced into such a state at our will), when we can't even fix simple problems right in our own backyard, with all the tools, resources and knowledge having been available for decades.
                                That’s the problem , half these stupid fu cks never had to clean their room
                                Or feed the pigs and cows before school
                                Or even take the garbage out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...