• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flu

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, the US has a long way to go. Can't add 26,000 odd new cases in one day and not expect the absolute numbers of deaths to escalate. At 17.2% positive/total tests they are finding it where ever they look. Positive over total tests today was 24% so far.

Comment

Well this video and the Chinese research quoted, indicates that the particular BAT never came from the wet market. If accurate, screwing around with any bats infected with who knows what kind if virus/bacteria/diseases makes it a RISK to humans period! Kill them all!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Bats? Chinese research over the years? Don't care if bats eat insects...exterminate the bunch world wide

https://www.rebelnews.com/experts_coronavirus_bats_linked_to_chinese_governm ent_laboratories_not_wet_markets?utm_campaign=el_c hinese_labs&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel https://www.rebelnews.com/experts_coronavirus_bats_linked_to_chinese_governm ent_laboratories_not_wet_markets?utm_campaign=el_c hinese_labs&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel
        Mosquitoes kill approx 800000 a year in the world
        Be nice to be rid of those Chrysters also , but Mother Nature is best not screwed with

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Well this video and the Chinese research quoted, indicates that the particular BAT never came from the wet market. If accurate, screwing around with any bats infected with who knows what kind if virus/bacteria/diseases makes it a RISK to humans period! Kill them all!
          If it actually came from bats Chinese would of killed em all. Maybe it's because they know it came from their BSL 4 Bioweapons lab.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Sadly, the US has a long way to go. Can't add 26,000 odd new cases in one day and not expect the absolute numbers of deaths to escalate. At 17.2% positive/total tests they are finding it where ever they look. Positive over total tests today was 24% so far.
            At the state level it gets even worse. NY returned 47.9% positive (8669+ of 18085 tests) on the tests it submitted in today's numbers (yesterdays results i would assume?)

They currently have 92,381+, 13,383 in hospital (compared to 28540 for the whole country of Italy), and 3396 of those are in ICU.

NJ returned 51.6% of its tests reported today as positive. (3335+ out of 6468 tests)

California returned 33.7% of its tests as positive that were reported today.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
              If it actually came from bats Chinese would of killed em all. Maybe it's because they know it came from their BSL 4 Bioweapons lab.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                At the state level it gets even worse. NY returned 47.9% positive (8669+ of 18085 tests) on the tests it submitted in today's numbers (yesterdays results i would assume?)

They currently have 92,381+, 13,383 in hospital (compared to 28540 for the whole country of Italy), and 3396 of those are in ICU.

NJ returned 51.6% of its tests reported today as positive. (3335+ out of 6468 tests)

California returned 33.7% of its tests as positive that were reported today.
                SK numbers:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	SK c-19 Ap2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	769572

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  I fail to see the point in posting such useless statistics. As noted before, it takes much longer to recover than it does to die, so at the beginning, this stat will be completely skewed. We test 100% of the really severe cases, and those that end in death, and test an unknown percentage of those who recover without hospitalisation or show no symptoms at all, you have a known number divided by a complete unknown variable, the result is also unknown, or the margin or error is massive. A couple of months from now, with everyone getting tested, go ahead and post such stats, right now, it is worse than useless.
                  I was looking for an analogy as to why those stats are worthless, and even dangerous.

Best I can come up with is looking at the stats of a baseball game half way through the first inning, when one team hasn't even been at bat yet, and extrapolating them out for the entire game.

Comment

I was looking for an analogy as to why those stats are worthless, and even dangerous.

Best I can come up with is looking at the stats of a baseball game half way through the first inning, when one team hasn't even been at bat yet, and extrapolating them out for the entire game.
                    How Countries come up with their Corvid-19 strategies...

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

Comment

Your welcome to put your head in the sand if you cant handle the data
                      AF5. Instead of bashing me I would prefer rational discussion like maybe they have no test kits, maybe Brits are lacking Vitamin D, maybe something in their diet is exacerbating the virus? Has the virus mutated? Canada's recovery rate is many fold better what is the difference? Maybe the stat is bullshit but they arent the only country with a higher than 80% death rate in closed cases. Ireland 95% and Netherlands 84%. What's the link? I'm looking for answers, instead of nipping at my ankles offer something constructive.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Apr 3, 2020, 06:22.

Comment

Hard to say if we re doing good or not. It depends whether everyone is reporting the same way also. What I’ve been hearing is that to downplay the disease some places are listing pneumonia and asthma etc as the cause of death when in fact the virus caused the pneumonia. Etc. If 2 places aren’t reporting those examples the same way then the info is not valuable.

In our community there has been a higher than usual death loss to those causes pneumonia heart asthma yet I don’t think they’ve been tested going back to late December through until now. Are others hearing that some who claim they have rhe symptoms still can’t get tested here?

Comment

AF5. Instead of bashing me I would prefer rational discussion like maybe they have no test kits, maybe Brits are lacking Vitamin D, maybe something in their diet is exacerbating the virus? Has the virus mutated? Canada's recovery rate is many fold better what is the difference? Maybe the stat is bullshit but they arent the only country with a higher than 80% death rate in closed cases. Ireland 95% and Netherlands 84%. What's the link? I'm looking for answers, instead of nipping at my ankles offer something constructive.
                          It could be all of what you are wondering about. AF5's post above suggested it is at the beginning
                          I fail to see the point in posting such useless statistics. As noted before, it takes much longer to recover than it does to die, so at the beginning, this stat will be completely skewed. We test 100% of the really severe cases, and those that end in death, and test an unknown percentage of those who recover without hospitalisation or show no symptoms at all, you have a known number divided by a complete unknown variable, the result is also unknown, or the margin or error is massive. A couple of months from now, with everyone getting tested, go ahead and post such stats, right now, it is worse than useless.
                          So, statistics cannot give any kind of reliable prediction as to trajectory or a conclusion. There are only interpretations made using few or many inputs and parameters. It needs to play out. Statisticians are data pigs, they always take all that is given them. If not given enough data or bogus data it is wise not to conclude much.
                          There are no two nations or populations that are identical. Neither will the outcome be identical in any country. One thing is for sure, if people are falling sick and dying that shouldn't be, it would be wise to pay attention
                          Take a look at how this entry starts out with regard to the Spanish flu. No one knows for sure how many deaths can actually be blamed directly on it. You'd think studying it for 100 years would get you to some conclusion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu
                          Last edited by farming101; Apr 3, 2020, 07:14.

Comment

In Guayaquil Ecuador, they are leaving dead bodies in the streets to be picked up, hundreds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ecuador-bodies-streets-guayaquil-coronavirus-covid-19/ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ecuador-bodies-streets-guayaquil-coronavirus-covid-19/

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                              In Guayaquil Ecuador, they are leaving dead bodies in the streets to be picked up, hundreds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ecuador-bodies-streets-guayaquil-coronavirus-covid-19/ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ecuador-bodies-streets-guayaquil-coronavirus-covid-19/
                              Mallee said , temp don’t matter . That proves his point again . Scary stuff

Comment

Sorry if I come across as attacking you, not the intention at all. I've offered my appreciation on the information you have been bringing. I take exception to you going down the conspiracy theory route, it may be true, but it isn't helpful at all at this point, nor is it proven or provable, lets stick with dealing with the real crisis, and play the blame game after sorting this out.

But abusing and misusing a meaningless statistic is not helpful. If that stat holds true months from now, then I owe you an apology, if any of us survive long enough to do that. But the realistic stats from areas with much longer data do not give credibility to a 96% death rate, for the reasons I listed above.
                                Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 3, 2020, 10:34.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...