• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electricity in Alberta today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if the most expensive electricity in the world is considered a success, WHAT DO YOU DEFINE AS A FAILURE?

By this generous measure, when cost is no object, anything that generates energy regardless of cost could be a success.

Can someone find the sources where ND and Sask energy have the stated goal of producing the highest electricity costs in the world, as indicated in Chuck's post?
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 13, 2020, 15:48.

Comment

Wind capacity factors are 40 -50% in ND and they get 27% of their net electricity from wind.

Are southern Alberta and Southern Saskatchewan not windy? LOL

You guys says it doesnt work at all! LOL

Well, ND, Saskpower and Denmark, Germany, the UK all have significant wind power and prove that it does.

ND and Saskatchewan are just as cold as Alberta.

Comment

Rates in ND and Saskatchewan are pretty cheap. But I know you want to pick the highest price jurisdiction to make your point! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
          Rates in ND and Saskatchewan are pretty cheap. But I know you want to pick the highest price jurisdiction to make your point! LOL
          No, you brought up Denmark and claimed it is a poster child for successfully integrating wind. I define success in a different way, than just accomplishing something at all costs.

Comment

And your argument falls apart when we look at Saskatchewan and North Dakota!

You would rather talk about the failure of the radical left! Than have to deal with real life examples close to home! LOL

Comment

Saskatchewan electricity rates are almost the highest of all provinces in Canada, maybe chunks considers this pretty cheep but I’ll have to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                Saskatchewan electricity rates are almost the highest of all provinces in Canada, maybe chunks considers this pretty cheep but I’ll have to disagree.
                Cheap is not the goal, success is apparently measured by how prohibitively costly it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                  The high rates must be because Moe and Wall are radical left wingers!

Comment

There are 3 levels of power supply emergency in Alberta. They hit level 2 yesterday. What this tells me is that it's fine to add renewables, but the decommisioning of any existing generation capacity, coal or otherwise is just plain foolish. Lives and lively hoods are both on the line.
                    Last edited by GDR; Jan 14, 2020, 14:29.

Comment

I totally agree with chuckChuck! If you really want to be objective and see the total of produced electricity, you have to take the whole year into consideration not only one day or something like that. Right now, I have stopped generation electricity from the wind, as it is not that efficient as many people think it is. I am only using it for my business, as due to it, I receive a great tax return from the government. Actually, it was not me the one who brought this idea, it was my son, so I told him to do it all by himself. At last, I signed the Letter of Authority, and he actually made it, though I was really skeptical about it. I did not even know that he can elaborate such a letter, however it proves that he read a great article about those letters on https://www.simplyswitch.com/energy/guides/what-is-a-letter-of-authority/ simplyswitch.com , on purpose, so he knew that I would agree .
                      Last edited by Patches; Jul 5, 2021, 09:16.

Comment

Sure is interesting to see several old threads being pulled up from the past by new members and or members who have been dormant for a long time .
                        Several of them now the past few days .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Sure is interesting to see several old threads being pulled up from the past by new members and or members who have been dormant for a long time .
                          Several of them now the past few days .
                          You mean you don’t have 2 or 3 logins so you can agree with yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Patches View Post
                            I totally agree with chuckChuck! If you really want to be objective and see the total of produced electricity, you have to take the whole year into consideration not only one day or something like that.
                            Solar output should be checked on December 21st and multiplied by 365.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                              You mean you don’t have 2 or 3 logins so you can agree with yourself?
                              Bahahaha..... ya it’s so obvious with some here now

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Bahahaha..... ya it’s so obvious with some here now
                                Ugh. I just LOVE everything sheepwheat ever says, like EVER! LOL!!!!!!

Whoops, wrong login. ugh

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...