• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another rural crime story

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another rural crime story

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-rural-crime-family-harrowing-encounter-with-trespasser-1.5390160

Everybody stay alert. Happy ending on this one.

I just noticed it occurred over a year ago and the story just came out yesterday, weird. I wonder why that was suppressed. Why no name published on the bad guy, only the good guys names are published.

Comment

soon it will be like mexico in the rural areas of the prairies
      google mexican vigilantes take on drug lords
      just like this bullshit in this article you posted of media protecting would be murderer by leaving his name out
      the prick should be drug behind a horse until he quits moving , FFS

Comment

1. Its a lucky break that the farmer and his wife were able to keep their heads and work together to get
        their gun. That’s when I would be grateful to have a rifle and ammo at my ready.
        2. And good thing the robber was a crappy shot. There is no way rural people should be unarmed when
        police are miles away.
        3. Also how could this have taken place in rural Saskatchewan and not a peep in the press?
        4. Why is perpetrators name withheld? He’s been charged and appeared.

The two young people in BC and the university professor who were murdered last summer didn’t have any way to defend themselves. Makes you think about how vulnerable we all are in the “great white north”.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
          I just noticed it occurred over a year ago and the story just came out yesterday, weird. I wonder why that was suppressed. Why no name published on the bad guy, only the good guys names are published.
          Good Q for a signed petition to ask CTV

Comment

The criminals were busy in the area on the weekend, a few yards with stolen gas / diesel and one shop completely cleaned out up by Whitkow.
            Oh and one vehicle torched again on a grid north of here .
            A good thing is here now we have a community text so word got out quick and they were chased out of a few yards at least and then at least the vehicles can be identified for the RCMP . It helped a lot actually

Comment

I second the horse idea.

Comment

I submit the notion of training so as not to "shoot to scare" when threat to life involved.

Comment

We need a "Castle Law" for any residence outside the city/town limits, which have a permanent police station. Meaning for example, if your home is inside the city limits of Regina or say N. Battleford you have no Castle Law privileges(because the police or RCMP are close at hand. If your home is outside the city limits, Castle Law rules are in place for you and your family, and you'd be allowed to use lethal force, if necessary, when an intruder enters into your residence. You would not have to prove your life was in danger, before taking action. You would be allowed to neutralize the threat before you were over come, and forced to watch your wife being ****d or beaten in front of you, or your daughter, or your son.
                  Maybe the Castle Law could apply to more than just your residence, perhaps your designated farmyard.
                  Perhaps it could also apply to an office/business, or community gathering place as well.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                    We need a "Castle Law" for any residence outside the city/town limits, which have a permanent police station. Meaning for example, if your home is inside the city limits of Regina or say N. Battleford you have no Castle Law privileges(because the police or RCMP are close at hand. If your home is outside the city limits, Castle Law rules are in place for you and your family, and you'd be allowed to use lethal force, if necessary, when an intruder enters into your residence. You would not have to prove your life was in danger, before taking action. You would be allowed to neutralize the threat before you were over come, and forced to watch your wife being ****d or beaten in front of you, or your daughter, or your son.
                    Maybe the Castle Law could apply to more than just your residence, perhaps your designated farmyard.
                    Perhaps it could also apply to an office/business, or community gathering place as well.
                    As a rural resident, it is hard to argue that it is a good idea. But to play devils advocate, I could then get away with murder of almost anyone, all I have to do is drag the body back to my home, and claim he was breaking in. After all, dead men don't talk.

Comment

Simply get tough on crime
                      Right now there is nearly zero accountability for anyone’s actions.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Simply get tough on crime
                        Right now there is nearly zero accountability for anyone’s actions.
                        unless you are a law abiding citizen

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          As a rural resident, it is hard to argue that it is a good idea. But to play devils advocate, I could then get away with murder of almost anyone, all I have to do is drag the body back to my home, and claim he was breaking in. After all, dead men don't talk.
                          Dead men might not talk,,, but forensics do.

It's very easy to tell whether a freshly killed body has been moved, remember we're not talking about a body being dead 6 or 12 months after the fact.

Comment

Just unreal hearing reading your urban crime issues

Fark we don’t even lock the house sheds nothing diesel fuel has electronic key.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                              Long term this wouldn't be a good idea as the subsequent posted described its puts the law into people's hands that shouldn't be. Capital punishment for continuous repeat offenders is where we need to go. I still think it will have more impact than the slight threat of being caught and spending a few weeks in jail

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...