• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ditto Farmaholic but a comment for sheepwheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto Farmaholic but a comment for sheepwheat

Might take a break from agriville I’m neither Linate change believe or denier.

So many posts denigrate into climate change debate.

Wish mods would put it on same forum as organic farming those who want to argue there can.

Call me a soft cok don’t give a rats but it’s all getting a bit tired.

Geez sheep things go bad in life but how’s this and quote “ Farm units have arrived to fight a new fire which has broken out on Stokes Bay Rd in a sheep stud which has been decimated from 6000 sheep to 30”

Sobering thought no amount of insurance will cover years of breeding.

Anyway Malleefarmer out this time but will reappear I guess a few months before my next Canadian visit hopefully 21 if agriville hasn’t self destructed
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Jan 5, 2020, 23:23.

Bummer mallee.

Always appreciate the perspective from down under. I’ll second keeping the political/ climate crap out of here. Nobody’s mind is going to change so why keep picking the same battle over and over while expecting a different outcome .............. I believe it’s called insanity.

Currently-1 here with wind and trying to flood a rink for the kids to use their new skates on. Not going good but dropping to -20 in a couple days so freezing shouldn’t be an issue. Wish I could send the cold (without the wind) your way.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      Might take a break from agriville I’m neither Linate change believe or denier.

So many posts denigrate into climate change debate.

Wish mods would put it on same forum as organic farming those who want to argue there can.

Call me a soft cok don’t give a rats but it’s all getting a bit tired.

Geez sheep things go bad in life but how’s this and quote “ Farm units have arrived to fight a new fire which has broken out on Stokes Bay Rd in a sheep stud which has been decimated from 6000 sheep to 30”

Sobering thought no amount of insurance will cover years of breeding.

Anyway Malleefarmer out this time but will reappear I guess a few months before my next Canadian visit hopefully 21 if agriville hasn’t self destructed
      Sad to hear. I always looked forward to your stories about farming and life in Australia.Hopefully the situation in your country with the fires will end soon.I visited Australia a few years ago. I did not get to Western Australia but it is on my bucket list. I have to agree that this forum has gone to hell with the climate debate its endless and pointless and will not change. I have blocked out some of the majors on both sides as it is too negative with no end in sight.
      If you ever come to Canada again look me up.Gladly put you up and show you around.Thanks for your contributions to this site.

Comment

It must be very depressing, the drought and fire threats. You have posted some very informative material and it is great to hear about your way of farming. We are kinda like family here in that our love for growing things and surviving together has taught us that when we have a question, a problem, a solution, we throw it out here. I think you’ll be back soon. 👍 Hope your weather breaks soon, pressure cooker days and nights don’t impress me much either.

Comment

Felt same way a few times. Blocking really helps. But farming related posts declining for sure.
          CWB debate all over again.
          I've always regretted not going to Oz when I had a notion before I assumed responsibilities. Hope to reconcile when I have less.
          Keep us posted. Good luck.

Comment

On a public forum you can choose what posts to read and what threads to contribute to. What is the point of a public discussion forum if you don't expect to see a wide range of views on any subject?

Comment

And that's the thing about annoying people. They are oblivious.

Comment

Wow mallee how awful! What a disaster. I actually have been looking into insurance for our lambs. Because we sell them for very high prices, I would really like to insure them fairly well, live lambs, as well as our meat inventory. Just too much risk.

I too have taken breaks here n there off agriville. Good news is you always come back. You just gotta. In the meantime you sure will be missed on here. Take care of you and your family in the meantime. Best wishes!

Comment

So sorry, Mallee. You know you can alwys come here. Even have an extra house for you. Is there an official go fund me page for Australia? Be safe.

Comment

Look if glen,jazz gave the tit for tat climate change stuff a break the site would be enjoyable but it’s every effing thread or post

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                      Look if glen,jazz gave the tit for tat climate change stuff a break the site would be enjoyable but it’s every effing thread or post
                      I only post climate stuff to rebut pure non sense from the left. Not sure what's it's like in Oz but in Canada we are fed that shit 24 7 with no research or context at all and hence we have 60% of our dumb population here acting like Greta.

They are trying to shut down our oil industry and ag is next.

Comment

I will miss you! You are the only way I know what is going on down under. That sheep storey makes me sick!

Comment

Simply need a new category, “climate / weather”
                          It would take 90% of the derailment away from the marketing category. I have always been surprised that on all farm forums like this there is no weather category, it’s critical to how most of us make a living .
                          Also one for politics, some site like Ag talk even ban political discussions.
                          I think then many would come back and maybe the Marketing category would be more of what it should be , a place to discuss markets or grains oilseeds , pulses and livestock.
                          There are some good posters here like 101 , Webber , Macdon and others that have very good insight in marketing.
                          Any way , hopefully it can be done and people like Mallee return . Perspective from other countries is always valuable info.
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jan 7, 2020, 09:15.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Simply need a new category, “climate / weather”
                            It would take 90% of the derailment away from the marketing category. I have always been surprised that on all farm forums like this there is no weather category, it’s critical to how most of us make a living .
                            Also one for politics, some site like Ag talk even ban political discussions.
                            I think then many would come back and maybe the Marketing category would be more of what it should be , a place to discuss markets or grains oilseeds , pulses and livestock.
                            There are some good posters here like 101 , Webber , Macdon and others that have very good insight in marketing.
                            Any way , hopefully it can be done and people like Mallee return . Perspective from other countries is always valuable info.
                            Yes i really value their input
                            Its a real help for marketing invalids like me

Comment

I agree with what a lot are saying but I look at it this way.

The more the climate activist post and earth muffins the more people are waking up and actually giving a shit and realizing Ag is next on there agenda.

They want us gone like oil and if we don’t fight back they win.

But I also agree a climate site and global warming columns would be nice.

Oh no one will go to it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...