• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Predictions 💥

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Predictions 💥

Do you remember hearing all fall about the EXTREMELY cold snowy winter on its way? We bought new horse waterers, insulated all hydrants, piled bales around heated chicken coop for cats and guinea hens, brought in extra bales for horses. All vehicles got brand new blizzak extremes.

Well tomorrow(Jan 4, 2020) is + 11 at Billings, Medicine Hat will be +7 and combines are out combining north of Regina.

Vive le predictors, but they can predict 11 years out, oh yeh!

sumdumguy

All I can think of for a response is .....

How dare you

11 years to live and you question the science????really?????

We know where this thread will go with a bunch of cut and paste from whoever....just thought I could get my 2 cents of sarcasm in before I start ignoring it....

Oh and I might just take the time to enjoy the weather....
    Last edited by bucket; Jan 3, 2020, 07:59.

Comment

How dare you! Greta will be back by boat to lecture us again.

It’s funny how they can’t get anything right and change the narrative every time something changes with the climate or weather.

Sun spots control all our weather and motion of that northern polar vortex and jet stream.

We’re cold today in Florida thanks to a Canadian low heading our way. Cold is 72 now.

So yea bring it on the weather is always changing.

I remember January’s with little snow and we thought wow winter will go fast then feb hits and freezing cold and snow.

It’s winter and weather.

Comment

It's a long way from over yet though. Last year we hardly had any winter before mid January but by April it had been a long miserable one. Would be nice if it stays like it's been thus far.

Comment

Grass this is normal and has happened in the past. You are correct it’s nice and then if cold comes it can last weeks and make a winter very long.

They say cooler next week but -10 for the day is fine. -45 with a wind isn’t fun and that’s cold.

Shitty for sled sales.

Comment

3 days. That's the forecast max. Not that difficult to accept.

BTW sumdumguy, your post typifies why it is like stealing candy from a baby when it comes to selling to farmers. Obviously your post is a punk. It is, right?

Comment

How did Drew Learner do with his seasonal forecast for fall and early winter?

He is using the same models that are available to NOAA, Environment Canada, MET, Japan, Europe etc.

Comment

Gawd, I hate abbreviations and adjectives like “punk” - thought that is how to describe the teenager next door. Now “BTW” means Been there Wednesday or Beat the witch or bring the wine?

Comment

I'll ask the same question again, has anyone found a long term forecast(months) that has any useful predictive qualities? Paid or free, and I don't care what it is based on, scientific or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    I'll ask the same question again, has anyone found a long term forecast(months) that has any useful predictive qualities? Paid or free, and I don't care what it is based on, scientific or otherwise.
                    Not saying it's useful or scientific but it is free!
                    https://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/region/ca/4 https://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/region/ca/4
                    Oh, there's also granny's weather beetle...
                    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xriss https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5xriss
                    Last edited by farming101; Jan 3, 2020, 11:17.

Comment

They are out there, not cheap. $1000~ month type. I group share the cost. There's several that'll get you an idea of what to expect through the growing season. My group is spread out through the corn belt to Texas west to eastern Colorado. It'll be accurate for most regions while it's off for others but generally speaking it's better then a free forecast. We've been subscribing since 2014 and are getting value. Bamx, AFC, there's others. They all seem to be in that $12k/yr range

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                        They are out there, not cheap. $1000~ month type. I group share the cost. There's several that'll get you an idea of what to expect through the growing season. My group is spread out through the corn belt to Texas west to eastern Colorado. It'll be accurate for most regions while it's off for others but generally speaking it's better then a free forecast. We've been subscribing since 2014 and are getting value. Bamx, AFC, there's others. They all seem to be in that $12k/yr range
                        So are they accurate, like to the day or to the decade like Regreta and scaremongers? Have you saved $$ by not buying winter tires?

Comment

AF5 come to Farmtech in Edm Jan 28, 29, 30 and listen... has been as accurate as they come.... sells out early... time well spent... good farm event. https://farmtechconference.com/agenda/
                          Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jan 5, 2020, 02:09.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                            AF5 come to Farmtech in Edm Jan 28, 29, 30 and listen... has been as accurate as they come.... sells out early... time well spent... good farm event.
                            A farm conference that predicts long range weather conditions - how does that work?

Comment

It appears to me that are enjoyable winter weather is coming to an end. According to the forecasts I look at we are headed for a drastic cool down with the cold weather being with us for the next 10 days at least. It also appears this cold weather is going to head south into the U.S. as well. As a prelude to our cool down it was interesting to see that the lowest temperature ever recorded in Greenland was recorded on Jan. 2, 2020 at Summit Camp in Greenland. It was -66*C at 11:13 pm. I didn't see anything about this on the main stream media but I could have missed it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...