• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Leading 3 Mules from Idaho to Grand Prairie

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Leading 3 Mules from Idaho to Grand Prairie

SO - Truth is stranger than fiction. I am just making my way from Pangman to No. 6 highway and in the distance spy some one walking on the highway. It was about 20 below with a crisp nor easter. First I thought it was three horses but no, its a guy with an oversize parka and big sloppy winter boots trudging along leading 3 mules. Each mule is nicely packed with all of his belongings. The third mule had an orange safety jacket tied on, very fashionable. As I approached the man you could barely see his face for frost. He speaks en franchise and broken english. He asked which town that was in the distance and told me he was going to Grand Cache coming from Idaho and that he loves the prairies. I offered him a larger bill to get some food but he refused it and said he didn’t need money because he has a good pension. His concern was hay for his mules. Second hand information has it that this retired French teacher has “travelled” the world with his 3 mules. Anyone know more details?

Well, he is sure taking the long way there.
    If it is indeed true, it takes and you meet all kinds.

Comment

Wow. This is quite the Christmas story, sum!

Comment

His name is Emile Brager he was past this area a week ago, some people buy an Rv and tour the world but this guy decided 3 pack mules was the way to go. Kinda cool and kinda strange at the same time. Going for a walk Like that in Dead of winter isn’t my cup of tea But he’s been all over the world doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
          Wow. This is quite the Christmas story, sum!
          I was wondering if his name was Joseph and he some how lost Mary on the way to Grand Cache to enroll in the census.
          Or did he say anything about following a bright star but his travelling companions either died or quit the quest, was he bearing gifts?

Comment

https://www.idahocountyfreepress.com/news/brager-resident-of-france-prepares-his-new-mules-for-two/article_2f8d3fc0-9865-11e9-ad8a-0f771fb343db.html

Comment

Where do you buy mules - the parliament buildings? Oh yeh- Why did the mules cross the road?

Comment

............. and some of you wondered why the Brits voted to separate.

Comment

I wonder if he will take his mules to Quebec and cross the River into Ottawa where all the other Jackasses are.

Comment

He s way ahead of the curve, we will all be travelling like that once the climate radicals get their way.

That's how Greta should travel.

Comment

No! No! No! those mules fart methane...……………...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Well, he is sure taking the long way there.
                        If it is indeed true, it takes and you meet all kinds.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	MULES.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	769236

WhackaMule

Comment

That's my kind of tourism. Except I've been to Avignon where he is from, and I know enough not to want to go to Grand Cache, where he is going, so IMHO, he is going the wrong way.

Sounds like this isn't his only adventure, has 4 and 9 year old children. But looks old enough to be their grandfather.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	D0DB3A22-0738-45C5-9208-FA15CAD7BED3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	769242 probably more fun than it looks. Haha

Comment

Just talked to a underground plumbing guy in Regina. He is heading to Grand Cache for winter work. He says lots of jobs there. I offered to sell him 3 mules for $3000 but he thought that price was too high, Darn.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...