• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The media covering farm issues needs a slap....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The media covering farm issues needs a slap....

Why is the media not asking tougher questions about issues, to politicians....here is a few soft lobs that reporter lurkers could write stories on...

1. When did private insurance become an issue with agristabilty?
    2. Why are you worried about the private insurance when you tell producers you can't interfere in private business like the closing of an elevator?
    3. Why are you not willing to address the issue of the unprecedented amount tough grain that is causing the tax bill on drying?
    4. Why do you treat dairy farmers differently than grain farmers when the price of milk is linked it CPI and hasn't dropped in price ...ever?
    5. Dairy is domestic supply .....grain farming is feeding the world shouldn't it be supported with as much fervour as writing a cheque to other countries....That then buy grain from other countries or build infrastructure with it....
    6. How about an impact report on the MFP program compared to what canadian farmers are getting for help???And the impact of the MFP on canadian prices...

There is some thought provoking article possibilities I haven't seen from the farm media...

reporter lurkers ....hello!!!!

Sask government is worried about about losing a cash cow in crop insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Sask government is worried about about losing a cash cow in crop insurance.
      No I don't think so ....Marit is on the record as wanting to move towards a private insurance model....

I called the Minister's office....what will private insurance cost producers ....they don't know but they have the numbers....Well how many producers use it??? they couldn't answer that either...

Ask a few tough questions and they want you off the phone quick and they change the narrative...

I can see the problem with my questions ....too difficult ..I am going to start writing them down and write letters....and ask for specific answers....

Comment

The only surprise here is that someone would actually think the media cares about anything agriculture.

Our farm orgs don't even care about farmers and farming any longer. They are only concerned about their accreditation and retaining their fat cat salaries and cozy relations with government and big business.

Ian Cumming, a farmer/journalist just tore the OFA and the Ontario Provincial Police a new one in his column in this week's Ontario Farmer - they're not working for us. Absolutely nailed it.

Context was that the OFA had a lady OPP cop in to talk to their meeting about taking proper actions on the farm when confronted by extremist protestors. The lady cop just happened to be the one and the same who spent months at Caledonia watching the natives to beat up whites and destroy private property.

He said that if anyone was familiar with who the cop was and what she represented, they should all have got up and walked out as soon as she said she was that cop.

The OFA INVITED her to come and talk about what to do yourself if the animal rights extremists show up on your farm.
        Last edited by burnt; Dec 20, 2019, 14:24.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...