• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private insurance?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private insurance?????

I have a few questions since this seems to be all the ag ministers talked about ....

1. What does it cost per acre?
    2. Is it whole farm insurance?
    3. How many insurance policies should an individual farm have?
    4. Why wouldn't crop insurance and private insurance be treated the same for agristability purposes already ?
    5. If you have private insurance why would you bother with agristabilty?
    6. What the ag ministers are promoting with private insurance....are they helping farmers or the insurance industry?
    7. How many producers does this change affect?

I can go on but it seems what the ag ministers talked about is a minor issue that had no attention to it before and wasn't an issue but they have made it one...

Who does the lobbying for this....maybe he/she should be put on some boards because they have an effective lobby not coming from checkoff dollars or APAS....more likely an office sit down with a couple provincial ag ministers with a board seat promise before the ag ministers met...

Seems odd that this issue came to the forefront when you look at all the other issues facing the majority of producers in western canada...

Maybe theyre thinking they can try charging pst on it like brad tried?

Comment

A month back I think some one at a trade show said private insurance only has about 700 clients in all of western canada.

Follow the money and who is advising the gov (BoBoo) and looking for funding.

One private is having issues.

Ah a new we need help for business to screw farmers.

Comment

We were in it one year and I believe it cost us 13 bucks an acre. Got a quote last year and it was just above that. The quote u get depends on how risky of an operation u have. Ie debt and spending habits pertaining to crop inputs. In all honesty if u get totally wiped out u get paid otherwise it’s like any other insurance where they get your premium and win more often than u do. We are safer with crop insurance. The only thing that I don’t like about crop ins. Is if u get a frost in the fall u are basically on your own no matter what u spend.

Comment

I personally don’t believe in insurance, I would rather just receive higher prices for goods sold and take my chances, win some and lose some.
          I think you nailed it when you mention the insurance lobbyists.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...