• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carbon tax , percentage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbon tax , percentage

ok here is our november house bill, actual natural gas used is $28, carbon tax is $11.48
    surely to fu-ck they aren't charging carbon tax on the infrastructure charge, underground gas lines that grant put in 30 years ago , and town fees ?, chuck ,horse, anyone ?????????????????????????????????
    if not we are paying just shy of 40% carbon tax and no one even questions this horseshit ???????????
    as you can tell by our bill ,we are already quite energy efficient

You didnt state price per gj or how many gj used but acording to sask energy page the rate is .0391 per cubic meter,so either your math is as bad as mine or there is a f-up in the billing.

Comment

The less we use, the higher the percentage C tax theft has to be in order to meet govt revenue targets.
      It’s about raising money for Liberals. So they can provide vote buyin rebates.
      Except in SK-lower those rebates cause it didn’t get them any votes.
      This is the most blatant wealth transfer scheme ever. Disguised as ‘climate change’.
      Hopefully we get regime change before western Ag is taxed into extinction

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
        You didnt state price per gj or how many gj used but acording to sask energy page the rate is .0391 per cubic meter,so either your math is as bad as mine or there is a f-up in the billing.
        it shows gas supplied-279.478 M3 x .0993= $27.89
        rest is gas delivery service and local fees = $56.18
        carbon tax =$10.93
        gst= $.55
        total bill = $70
        what am i missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          carbon tax =$10.93
          gst= $.55
          total bill = $70
          what am i missing ?
          Dont know and cant compare until next mo we go back on ctax in jan. Why you still on cubes we been gj for years ?

Comment

Just checked my bill, this is grand theft 28% tax on the gas consumed. My figures agree with Caseih.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky, we pay $1.517 on a $3.02 GJ. 50%.

But its not about percent, you are paying for carbon released. 26 liters gasoline to make a gigajoule, 6.73 cents per liter or $1.74 per gigajoule gasoline.

Natural gas is the lowest emitter of the "fuels".
              Last edited by tweety; Dec 19, 2019, 22:29.

Comment

Gas used 18.13
                Carbon tax 7.10

Saving my future from warmth. Not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  Gas used 18.13
                  Carbon tax 7.10

Saving my future from warmth. Not worth it.
                  again , 39% carbon tax

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Consider yourself lucky, we pay $1.517 on a $3.02 GJ. 50%.

But its not about percent, you are paying for carbon released. 26 liters gasoline to make a gigajoule, 6.73 cents per liter or $1.74 per gigajoule gasoline.

Natural gas is the lowest emitter of the "fuels".
                    you must be in alberta ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      carbon tax =$10.93
                      gst= $.55
                      total bill = $70
                      what am i missing ?
                      Mine is.0998/Cubic metre

Comment

Horse, shut your god damn mouth and quit supporting these a**hats. Even you and chuck and all your merry men can’t give a good answer for this scam!!!!

Comment

What gets no national media coverage is the deals that Trudeau has made in different provinces with the carbon tax. Residents of P.E.I. pay 1 cent per litre on all transportation fuels in 2019, this rises to 2 cents a litre 2020, there is no carbon tax on home heating fuel. Nova Scotia has their own cap and trade system. They pay 1 cent a litre on gasoline rising to 1.2 cents a litre in 2022. Heating fuel is 1.3 cents a litre now rising to 1.6 cents a litre in 2022. Former NewBrunswick Premier Brian Gallant proposed a carbon fund that was rejected by Trudeau and co. so the federal backstop was applied. So in 2019 they pay 4.42 cents a litre for gas rising to 11 cents April 1,2022 just like Saskatchewan and Alberta will be under the same regime starting Jan. 1, 2020. As a way of helping NewBrunswicker's Trudeau and co. lowered the carbon tax on coal burning electricity plants from $20 a tonne to $1 a tonne. Quebec is in a cap and trade system with California that amounts to $18 a tonne of carbon. Will be interesting to watch if this goes up over time. So it appears that depending on where you live in Canada certainly changes what you pay in carbon tax and here I thought according to Justin Trudeau dealing with climate change wasn't negotiable, just another fricking lie from our illusterous Prime Minister. Enjoy your day!

Comment

Oh don’t even start with the tax we pay on gas for basic travel. Notice as well how the “ rebates” went down. What a crock?

Comment

yep , carbon tax going up , rebate going down
                              and yet, the Sheeple still suckle

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...