• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this mean????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean????

Saskatchewan has since shopped around some improvements it wants to see around allowable expenses under AgriStability and how the program treats private insurance payments.

Looks like some big boy insurance guys or BTOs need some help...Is this like asking for changes for only a select few...

Thats the way I read this....

Marit should make the changes for everyone...

If you have 40 bucks an acre for 5 years for irrigation farmers....Only stands to reason that 40 bucks should be achievable for dryland farmers...

Stand up for farmers Marit..... and Bibeau could also stand behind her standard answer that says she stands with farmers and ranchers....
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 16, 2019, 15:41.

This means some of the sask party sucks on the payroll had a bad year farming now want payment only for a chosen few.

I heard a few years ago that agristability has a few contracts that are calculated directly at rhe ministers office for payments. No one else allowed access to the files? Wonder why that would be. Came from a retired accountant I believe.

Comment

Saskatchewan government could just use the calculations and top it up to 90 percent .....if they wanted to help producers....they don't.....just want your vote...

Comment

What does this mean ????

To late for this crop year. Sure plan for next year for changes for 2020. You can’t move the goal posts for this year. Those who aren’t in agstability for whatever reason should have equal access to payouts too

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Saskatchewan government could just use the calculations and top it up to 90 percent .....if they wanted to help producers....they don't.....just want your vote...
          Shit , doesnt look to me like they even want my vote ? Or think they need it ?
          Last edited by Guest; Dec 16, 2019, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Shit , doesnt look to me like tgey even want my vote ? Or thinl they need it ?
            We are getting nothing out of the conservatives .....might as well start sending them a message....there will be some new blood in the liberal and NDP parties for the next elections....

Might as well vote for people that might try to represent us....because this ain't working with the conservatives anymore....useless....

Comment

Is there more context to the statement you have posted, because from that little blurb I am not sure how you infer that the provincial gov. is favoring what you like to call BTO's. I am not defending the government, because lord knows ag is not on the radar of this gov., but i don't see it as bad if they are now questioning what constitutes an allowable expense and how it relates to the private sector insurance, not every producer who has private coverage is a so called BTO. I can see however that because of the so perceived subsidies to producers in the way of gov. paid crop insurance, I can see the gov. trying to get out of crop insurance all together, and that would appeal to the urban vote which they are courting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...