• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highway Tractor tires....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Thanks, so far.

What are cores worth for re-capping?
    For most farm trucks the casings will age out before the tread needs recapped. I asked about doing a set of mine at 6yrs and they wouldnt touch them. Sounded like a casing was worth about $80, more than I expected.
    Last edited by GDR; Dec 16, 2019, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      For most farm trucks the casings will age out before the tread needs recapped. I asked about doing a set of mine at 6yrs and they wouldnt touch them. Sounded like a casing was worth about $80, more than I expected.
      We find retreaded casings sidewall crack within 2-3 years... then tires are not able to pass DOT inspections... even though tread is like new!

Comment

What is it with newer truck tires and sidewall cracking? Have truck tires that are decades old on wagons, and they still aren't cracked, yet new ones do it within a few years?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          What is it with newer truck tires and sidewall cracking? Have truck tires that are decades old on wagons, and they still aren't cracked, yet new ones do it within a few years?
          Less actual rubber, and more filler= charge more

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...