• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBN conference..... speakers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FBN conference..... speakers

Was very interesting to check out FBN at this farmer 2 farmer conference. Interesting set up, backed up now by some big money. close to 10,000 members now.
    Speakers there were interesting. Sonny Perdue, Billy Beane(Money Ball), Marcus Luttrell(Lone Survivor) and Peter Zeihan ....

//youtu.be/sfyrURHpUcM

Peter's presentation was very close to this, but he also addressed Canada, and how we are in big trouble in Ag as long as the liberals are in power, Trudeau and company have left a permanent scare on most of our trading partners like most of us here have said for a long time.

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Was very interesting to check out FBN at this farmer 2 farmer conference. Interesting set up, backed up now by some big money. close to 10,000 members now.
    Speakers there were interesting. Sonny Perdue, Billy Beane(Money Ball), Marcus Luttrell(Lone Survivor) and Peter Zeihan ....

//youtu.be/sfyrURHpUcM

Peter's presentation was very close to this, but he also addressed Canada, and how we are in big trouble in Ag as long as the liberals are in power, Trudeau and company have left a permanent scare on most of our trading partners like most of us here have said for a long time.
    Western canadian farmers are the canary in the coal mine.....ignore the signals at their own peril....that means the rest of Canada...

You want to risk an industry that fires up every spring to become a transient worker industry owned by investors from all over.....wait till you get the bill for helping them out...

It will always be less expensive to keep family farms alive and healthy....than being bled out by the investor groups....

Comment

Furrowtickler, is this a worthwhile group to be in?

The lineup of speakers looks impressive.

Comment

It’s a huge buying group for sure, some big savings on some herbicides and a few other inputs / services.
        It’s data play though at the end of the day. We have not signed on to that yet. Went to conference just to try to figure out what the real end game is.
        It’s a big deal in the mid west for sure. There was a lot of Canadians there as well. I knew 35-40 myself . Most just just very curious as to how this FBN thing roles.
        Is it worth it ? You can pay for your membership very quickly with certain herbicides, likeDiquash.
        The marketing side of it , well that will be an individual farm thing. $7500 is pricey on a 2000 ac farm , cheap on a 10,000 ac farm .
        They claim the Data is 100% yours , unless you sign off and no one gets individual data. But what they use is the combined data from every member who signs on for pricing , yield trends, marketing.
        I am still on fence and believe much like tweety that data should not be given away .
        But I went there more as an observer for the farm and not to give my data to receive a hat.
        Will continue to follow them close though.
        Interesting, nothing like this has been done before on this scale .
        I know the big input companies here in Canada sure don’t like what FBN is doing. But they have ran rampant on our input costs for too long. We pay some of the highest inputs anywhere in the world per acre . This may be the only thing we have seen that may help control our input costs ? Time will tell . I am not saying yes or no , it’s an individual farm thing to consider. Check out their website. It’s definitely something different and they are not going away.

Comment

Great lecture , very informative.
          Sad to see our oil is in that much trouble ,
          No matter what we do.
          Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 17, 2019, 01:45.

Comment

I am also a member but haven't attended these meetings.

I think ill go next year it looks and sounds very interesting.

MAkes you think when the USA speakers think Canada has a Brain Damaged useless fool running the country.

Liberals are cancer that is killing Canada.

Way to go GTA Montreal and Maritimes.

Comment

Didn't Farm Business Network take over Great Northern Growers?

I don't like the subscription/membership based retail business model.
              Imagine having to pay a membership every year to buy at your local Chem/FertCo retailer.
              I realize there is more to it than that but....

Comment

It's the Information I get from them that I like,

Comment

Does Billy Beane have a computer program that will show me how to make money in 2020 with a very low expense cap?

Comment

I was at the FBN conference this year and enjoyed it. For me one of the biggest take aways is the price discovery on farm chemicals and seed. We have bought some from them but what works well is when we upload invoice price information from the various chemicals and canola seed we buy , we can then see what others are truly paying as well. It is a huge eye opener as I was astounded as to the range in price per bag that canola is sold for. Literally can be hundreds of dollars difference per bag on some varieties. In the states they are actually tracking seed prices per bag on a area basis. Maps show higher yield counties where seed prices are higher on the exact same variety. Also they are figuring out the genetic lines of different seed and publishing the information as to varieties that identical but are sold by different names by different companies at different prices depending on the region. This is info is just in the US at this point but I can see the merit up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                      Does Billy Beane have a computer program that will show me how to make money in 2020 with a very low expense cap?
                      Lol , well it sort of fit in with the conference yup.
                      Using data to keep expenses down and find the best out of inputs from your area from that data.
                      That’s the theory anyway .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...