• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is wheat not moving or is it the Sleeper of 2020

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is wheat not moving or is it the Sleeper of 2020

It is so dry in Kansas its not even funny. Winter wheat was seeded later and not as much.

Ukraine is dry also, plus Russia.

Australia is going on year three and will seed into dust again.

Canada has shit wheat according to elevators who are selling it just fine around the world.

So is wheat the sleeper in 2020.

The USA will grow more soy.

Argentina was dry but got rain on the weekend.

Just wondering.

Ours will be “sleeping” in the bin until its all a 2

Comment

What I have harvested is nice and dry now and tucked away for a long winter's nap.

Elevators are having fun with farmers all in the name of profit.

Comment

They are still picking my sample apart with a tweezers and microscope. So I guess I will nap until thats done.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          They are still picking my sample apart with a tweezers and microscope. So I guess I will nap until thats done.
          On a teaspoon sample from a super B!!!!!!!!

Comment

According to Marlene Boerch from Mercantile Consulting the Grain cos are making OVER a Dollar a bushel after all their costs are paid. Good thing THEY GOT marketing freedom. 🤬
            Last edited by mustardman; Dec 16, 2019, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
              According to Marlene Boerch from Mercantile Consulting the Grain cos are making OVER a Dollar a bushel after all their costs are paid. Good thing THEY GOT marketing freedom. 🤬
              When you have zero transparency to the open market its easy to hide your profits...

You can thank the WCWGA and Ritz for the mess we are in.....

The sales should be publish weekly
              The freight costs should be published every 3 months along with the increases proposed...

Every thing should be out in the open in this industry just like the weekly crop report the province does....

Otherwise it's not an open market ...is it?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                When you have zero transparency to the open market its easy to hide your profits...

You can thank the WCWGA and Ritz for the mess we are in.....

The sales should be publish weekly
                The freight costs should be published every 3 months along with the increases proposed...

Every thing should be out in the open in this industry just like the weekly crop report the province does....

Otherwise it's not an open market ...is it?????
                So again, what would you do with this information? I can’t digest what we already get. If I’m checking basis and spreads and running the farm I’m maxed out.

Be careful what you wish for. More published information might just benefit customers or competitors more than the farmer.
                Last edited by Braveheart; Dec 16, 2019, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                  How does Boersch know this?

BTW, good thing WE GOT marketing freedom otherwise that mystery dollar/bushel would have went where? Al Capone’s descendants? The unsolved mysteries of the pool accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                    How does Boersch know this?

BTW, good thing WE GOT marketing freedom otherwise that mystery dollar/bushel would have went where? Al Capone’s descendants? The unsolved mysteries of the pool accounts?
                    The Saudis got the money they paid nothing for the CWB....

The money went to the entity of the CWB and stayed there for the new entity G3 to use....

They paid nothing for the CWB....and were given the purchase money .....

Comment

So its basically a 50-50 split, grain companies make a buck, you hope to make a buck. You take all the risk and fight mother nature, they sit in the terminal office and wait for you.

Comment

Indications of $7.00 #1-14Px at some terminals in Western Sask. FEB/MAR.
                        Probably even better further west. Alberta prices?

Hang your targets on the Limbo Tree of Target prices.

Comment

Grain companies make as much as they can. If they have a large enough supply and farmers are selling why would they bid up?

Comment

Min wheat up .14 cents today.

Chicago also.

Prices moving with trade deal started with China.

Canada with it’s sit and do nothing has farmers pissed as they take it on the chin under the leadership of Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowerpower View Post
                              Grain companies make as much as they can. If they have a large enough supply and farmers are selling why would they bid up?
                              Yep, with all the willing sellers prices will be brutal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...