• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JWR squatters rights?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWR squatters rights?

Suprised nobody started a thread about this, I just think it's pretty funny. So she got to keep her offices after she was booted from the cabinet and the liberal party. They have special areas with larger offices for Ministers and their staff and with a change in government the offices get re-assigned. She no longer qualifies for the space and location she has but is refusing to vacate. Evidently part of the reason it was "blessed" or whatever you call it by a local First Nations lady for her.

Most of us were impressed with her last year for having some integrity, but maybe Trudeau has it right and she is just a major pain in the ass.

Conrad Black has written about her previously, and I think he was right. Not a fan.

Comment

She made a decision to run as an independent, and one of the consequences is she can't have her old office. Someone needs to tell her to move along.

Comment

Or was she framed by a malicious Prime Minstrel looking for a bit of revenge?

Naw, he wouldn't be that way...

Jody Wilson-Raybould 王州迪 Vancouver Granville
        ‏Verified account @Puglaas
        6h6 hours ago

Re: CBC Hill office story—Since Dec. 5, I have been in communication w/ House Administration regarding office assignments. On Dec 12, I received a list of possible alternative offices and was in the process of reviewing list of offices when the news stories broke on Dec 12th. 1/2
        158 replies 183 retweets 533 likes

Jody Wilson-Raybould 王州迪 Vancouver Granville
        ‏Verified account @Puglaas
        6h6 hours ago

Unfortunately, that has not been clear/accurate in some news stories. While I appreciate the practice re: parliamentary office assignments, as an Independent I was trying to get clarity—given there are no written rules & given the mixed messages I was receiving about offices. 2/2
        128 replies 97 retweets 441 likes

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
          Conrad Black has written about her previously, and I think he was right. Not a fan.
          Yes, because everyone knows how much of a saint he is.

Comment

i don't really care what she does, she held the liberal parties feet to the fire
            we owe her for that
            its not her fault that they are above the law
            history will not be kind to him or his party

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              history will not be kind to him or his party
              If we survive that is.

In the JWR case, Trudeau is both villain and enabler and savior but for the elites.

His progressive rhetoric gave the FN extra power and when they went to exercise it and he found out that would kneecap the laurientian elites claim on Canada, he quickly turned on her and threw her under the bus. The whole SNC thing was probably made up to get rid of her.

Read her manifesto once. It basically calls for return of all of Canada and the wealth accrued back to indigenous peoples who will approve all activity on the land while collecting lifetime payments and reparations for ever. She is a nut job.

Comment

"The whole SNC thing was probably made up to get rid of her."

The conspiracy theory that makes no sense!

Why would Trudeau want to have a very public battle with JWR over the SNC?

Because he wanted his approval rating as a Prime Minister to fall? hahahaha

Just like Harper and company tried to cover up the Mike Duffy payment, Trudeau was trying to put a lid on JWR. Its very unusual to see a high level cabinet minister attack the PMO and damage her own party.

Normally disagreements would stay behind closed doors.

If she didn't agree with the prime minister the correct thing to do was resign.

There are still penalties applied under deferred prosecution agreements and also accountability. Several countries have and use the same deferred prosecution agreements.

"Under a deferred prosecution agreement, the Crown prosecutor can agree to defer bringing a prosecution for the alleged offences if the organization takes steps to improve its conduct, makes restitution, and implements internal controls to avoid a repetition of the conduct."

"The United States (US) and United Kingdom (UK) have DPA regimes in place. In November 2016, France adopted a DPA-like mechanism to resolve anti-corruption investigations. The Australian Ministry of Justice released a public discussion paper on DPAs in 2016 and, in May 2017, completed consultations on a draft law."

Comment

Wow Is all I can say.

Comment

You completely ignore any of Trumps obvious obstruction of justice, obstruction of the house and political interference in a presidential election.

But if Trudeau and the PMO pressure the Minister of Justice to use the deferred prosecution agreement, which is also available to use in your much loved USA, it is a serious crime? LOL

The only explanation is your hyper partisan bias.

Ford was right "it's only politics"

Doug Ford is being honest, but you SF3 are not.

Comment

Who woke up grumpy? Things were nice and quiet...Stop pissing in his cornflakes!

Comment

I had to laugh at your comment fjlip. We had a cat who used to pee in the peanut bowl and the burner of the stove. The significant word in that statement is, “had”.

Comment

It’s in Chucks job description to post what he does. He has to post crap to get paid. I would be grumpy too.

Comment

I do not want to live in a country where the justice minister and the crown prosecutors decisions can be overruled by the Prime Minister and his office hacks.

There should be a full public inquiry of SNC Lavalin affair. Jody Wilson Raybould was being forced to commit a criminal offence and that was to interfere and overrule the Crown prosecutor.

Trudeau was found guilty by the ethics commissioner.
                            The Shawcross Principle, was the judicial doctrine that the ethics commissioner said Trudeau breached? The Shawcross doctrine gives the Justice department independence from political decisions.

The DPA legislation buried in the budget legislation and was simply a get out of jail card for SNC Lavalin.

Should Jody Wilson Raybould have complied with Trudeau and his staff she would have committed a criminal offence. That is Jody Wilson Raybould would have had to overrule the Crown Prosecutors decision.

The Office situation This is just more gas-lighting by Trudeau's office a vendetta

MP Charlie Angus
                            "Here's my take on the Jody Wilson Raybould office "scandal."
                            Ottawa has a longstanding tradition of petty vendettas and enforced pecking orders for office allocation after electoral wins. Kicking people out of their offices is how political scores are settled.

Of all the office available in Parliament, the digs in Confederation Building are hardly the Cadillac choice. This is a story being fed to media by whiny PMO staffers. They are just pissed at her.

As one who has been evicted, I say to Jody.. you go girl".

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              Who woke up grumpy? Things were nice and quiet...Stop pissing in his cornflakes!
                              He couldn’t of been treated well in first class on his plane flight back from the Madrid Climate Conference.
                              Maybe Air Canada lost one of his luggages?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...