• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Aren’t more rms declaring ag disaster?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the way you gauge the issues for farmers....

How simple are you?????

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
      Worry when you go to farm shows and see a parking lot of 15 year old rusted out half tonnes instead of nothing less then a couple year old $100,000 diesels and Escalades. Platinum edition, yes please.

Maybe Agrville just has an exceptionally high ratio of overspending farm managers who whine like little rich spoiled school girls. At least you have found each other.
      Lots of layoffs coming in your line of work too because things are so good in farming right now

Comment

Worry when you go to farm shows and see a parking lot of 15 year old rusted out half tonnes instead of nothing less then a couple year old $100,000 diesels and Escalades. Platinum edition, yes please.

Maybe Agrville just has an exceptionally high ratio of overspending farm managers who whine like little rich spoiled school girls. At least you have found each other.
        If we all are a bunch of whiny losers why do you come on this site? I enjoyed reading it a lot more when you disappeared for a few months.

Comment

Tweety did you fall on your head again.

Your comments show how really out of touch you are.

When at the Apas convention 43% of the attending farmers still have some bit of crop out.

Alberta has issues huge issues and Manitoba also has some crop out.

Sask is so full of shit with 7% left its not even funny.

You're the problem with Ag.

Comment

If Sask is 75% done , i would be amazed
            Crop out nearly everywhere

Comment

Cause everybody knows if you drive a nice or new vehicle, you overspend on everything! And every city person I know drives a rust bucket as well.

$20,000-$30,000 in the grand scheme of things isn't gonna save a farm from insolvency.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Tweety did you fall on your head again.

Your comments show how really out of touch you are.

When at the Apas convention 43% of the attending farmers still have some bit of crop out.

Alberta has issues huge issues and Manitoba also has some crop out.

Sask is so full of shit with 7% left its not even funny.

You're the problem with Ag.
                So now i'm the problem with Ag, So if i stop posting, everything will be alright.

The problem with Ag is the entitlement demonstrated over and over again right on this forum. That the government should bail out you spending 600,000$ on a combine that does a couple thousand acres/year and gets traded off after 500 hrs. Ever use a calculator?

If i trade in my perfectly fine 30,000$ seeder I can spend another 400,000$ and can get section control, it'll pay for itself! DGPS isn't good enough, i need to spend 30,000$ on RTK plus subscription. Gotta have tracks and a super hydraulic pump to turn all 3 fans, wheels are so last year, another $500,000.

Hey, I could get a planter and save 0.5 lb canola seed...... VR maps, prescription services, 2 passes fungicide from all the additional fertilizer - lots more fertilizer, gotta grow more.

Now you're a good farmer. If not, you're a f_cking embarassment to agriculture, so get with the program.

100% correct SF, I'm definitely not a good farmer and that's a problem.

Comment

So now i'm the problem with Ag, So if i stop posting, everything will be alright.

The problem with Ag is the entitlement demonstrated over and over again right on this forum. That the government should bail out you spending 600,000$ on a combine that does a couple thousand acres/year and gets traded off after 500 hrs. Ever use a calculator?

If i trade in my perfectly fine 30,000$ seeder I can spend another 400,000$ and can get section control, it'll pay for itself! DGPS isn't good enough, i need to spend 30,000$ on RTK plus subscription. Gotta have tracks and a super hydraulic pump to turn all 3 fans, wheels are so last year, another $500,000.

Hey, I could get a planter and save 0.5 lb canola seed...... VR maps, prescription services, 2 passes fungicide from all the additional fertilizer - lots more fertilizer, gotta grow more.

Now you're a good farmer. If not, you're a f_cking embarassment to agriculture, so get with the program.

100% correct SF, I'm definitely not a good farmer and that's a problem.
                  You should have started with that....won't argue the logic. ..

There are guys hurting...and they don't do what you describe nor do they want to.

Comment

You can live and perpetuate the stereo typical image of "poor poor farmer" if you want but I want to aspire to be on the same level as the rest of the Industry's suppliers of goods and services to us.

If your happy driving the ChemCo, SeedCo, FertCo, MachineryCo rusted out hand me downs.... to each their own.

Comment

But those reps take a lot of risks and endure a lot of stress throughout the growing season
                      They deserve the $100. K diesels and escslades someone buys them

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        You should have started with that....won't argue the logic. ..

There are guys hurting...and they don't do what you describe nor do they want to.
                        There are people hurting in every industry. And its going to get much worse. There are also businesses and farms doing extremely well.

Whining on Agriville constantly isn't going to change your situation, so why not spend your focus and time coming up with cost saving solutions and post those. Do some good for a change. I dare you to read the last 2000 posts and find a single one that is creative and or a step forward in a new direction.

It's just blah blah blah my life is so hard, please Justin send me money because i didn't harvest the last 5%.

Comment

There are people hurting in every industry. And its going to get much worse. There are also businesses and farms doing extremely well.

Whining on Agriville constantly isn't going to change your situation, so why not spend your focus and time coming up with cost saving solutions and post those. Do some good for a change. I dare you to read the last 2000 posts and find a single one that is creative and or a step forward in a new direction.

It's just blah blah blah my life is so hard, please Justin send me money because i didn't harvest the last 5%.
                          There are areas that didn't harvest their last 50% you ****ing clown.

Comment

Tweety you have No idea do you.

Some on here are doing really really well but can see that Ag is moving in a direction that they don't like. They have seen this before and history does repeat if you don't learn from the first mistakes.

Costs are skyrocketing out of control and the Fed gov has created a lot of the problems on this side of the border.

If Trump does get the deal he announced last night and China does comply we are screwed in Canada for a very long time. Markets lost thanks to Gay sock boy.

So yea Trudeau screwed up and we get shit on to a tune of $2.50 a bushel. USA farmers get the money and now will get 50 billion in sales. Canada has a woman held on house arrest and two guys will die in China thanks to Sock boy being weak and pathetic.

The money went to Dairy in Quebec who lost market share of suppose to be 3% reality it's way less than that amount. Canola lost 22% and we get nothing. The Gov cost us this market not me the farmer.

You remind me of a guy who is now a financial planner that I use to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Tweety you have No idea do you.

Some on here are doing really really well but can see that Ag is moving in a direction that they don't like. They have seen this before and history does repeat if you don't learn from the first mistakes.

Costs are skyrocketing out of control and the Fed gov has created a lot of the problems on this side of the border.

If Trump does get the deal he announced last night and China does comply we are screwed in Canada for a very long time. Markets lost thanks to Gay sock boy.

So yea Trudeau screwed up and we get shit on to a tune of $2.50 a bushel. USA farmers get the money and now will get 50 billion in sales. Canada has a woman held on house arrest and two guys will die in China thanks to Sock boy being weak and pathetic.

The money went to Dairy in Quebec who lost market share of suppose to be 3% reality it's way less than that amount. Canola lost 22% and we get nothing. The Gov cost us this market not me the farmer.

You remind me of a guy who is now a financial planner that I use to work with.
                              I absolutely hate where Ag is going. Every industry has figured out how to extract more dollars from you, data, "professional agronomy", new and creative ways to stroke your ego so you buy shit that is completely ridiculous. Farmers help them to no end to make it so. Give them all your data, let them figure out exactly how much they can charge you, then sit back and complain there is no money in farming.

It boggles my mind farmers are such sheep to let all that into their farms to take their money. Wake the fu_ck up!!! Farmers edge just struck a deal with credit unions to manage loans based on the ag data they collect. Soon you won't even have to file income tax, John deere can do it for you, or Trimble, or Climate. Don't you realize Climate is connected directly to Bayer? You're giving all your farming info to the guys you say are taking all your money - because you are telling them everything. EVERYTHING.

Then there is the ones that say "Well they have satellites they know what i'm doing anyway so i may as well give them all the rest". Newsflash, satellite data isn't accurate at all until you add the final puzzle piece - ground truthing over your canbus.

How can farmers not see this? It is a retailers dream come true and exactly what they have been looking for. Any other business would literally kill for that information and we go - here you are and a cheque for taking my data.

it's my job to make sure they impact my farm as little as possible and not be one of those "good" farmers, and that's why i'm hating ag more and more, farmers are so blind and naive to what's going on they are making that much harder all the time. Even when told, just a blank stare, then talk about how cool it is all their data can be in one place. You are literally swiping away what makes farming great every time you turn on the shiny screen or iPad connected to the internet any time it comes near wifi.

Old school farming was and still is profitable today. The current load of "additional services" not required for direct primary production are taking a bigger and bigger chunk of your dollar. It's done so well, you don't even see it.

Comment

Tweety

Good points ...wont argue the logic....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...