• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Aren’t more rms declaring ag disaster?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Aren’t more rms declaring ag disaster?

What the hell is the difference if you have all
    Your crop out or not? Crap insurance coverage is the same everywhere it’s shitty. If you harvested you can’t sell green, heated and expensive to dry crop that is costing beyond ridiculous amount to dry and sell all at lower prices.
    No feed for livestock in our area. So both grain and cattle farmers are suffering.
    Agristsbility is a joke whether your crop is out or not.

Sask party government ignored the issues in the spring with dry weather and there were cows going to market well into June because cattle guys were worried about pastures and hay.....government ignored them....no help or plan...

So they reduced the herd more this fall because that idiot Marit has made even more ignorant comments since with the most recent nonsense when the RM of Lipton came asking for disaster relief and he ignore them out of hand....

Moe and company might get a wake up call in the next election when you ignore base supporters. ....

Farm groups are quiet....that's the other problem....

Sask canola, pulse , wheat etc all should be sitting with government officials to see what can be done...they are trying to solve the problems with the grow more ideology. ....
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 11, 2019, 08:09.

Comment

It should be SARM and APAS making disaster calls not individual RMs....see the representation the RMs get from SARM...

Ray Orb was talking about getting pipelines built instead of farmers or RM issues....so there you go...

Comment

It’s going to be bad, everyone is still denying the is a problem instead of getting in front of it.

Comment

My take is that the farmers who are loudest or heard the most are the guys paying 2000 bucks for land. For them, everything is rosy and the average guy is not heard. There is such a variance among we farmers that it is unbelievable. On one hand you have guys going nuts, buying iron, renting more, growing daily, seemingly doing great. Then you have those who are having a real struggle.

Kinda makes it tough to get on the same page.

Soon all that will be there, is a few 30000 acre farms per RM. The worst is that we are enabling it by not changing our ways very much.

Just say no to outrageous canola seed prices, bring back a bit of fallow, screw high rent expectations, lower the inputs to reduce supply, stop panicking that the quarter next door has to be yours no matter the cost.

We could collectively change things. But we won’t. In the meantime, the arrogant everything is just fine farmers are the ones that seem to be listened to. I don’t see gooberment stepping up as long as binyards that look like mini terminals keep popping up. As long as farm shops that rival Canadian tire stores keep getting built. Hard to see this happening yet ask for more funding. Not saying it isn’t needed, just saying it is hard to look around at the amazing building up of farms, and say things are so bad.

I think it is in our hands. But only a few per cent of us will work towards changing how we farm which is a crying shame. The brick wall is looming close. I think even the lalalalalalalala farmers who seem to have rose colored spectacles will be shocked when they arrive at the wall...

Comment

People were still combining end of November just west of Regina, albeit small patches. Guess minus 30 will keep that grain “cool”.

Comment

Combine by Fosston on Sunday.
              Minus 29..

Comment

Maybe because its not actually a disaster. What is it like 90 some % harvested!

The usual Agriville whiny little *******. Did you really think it was going to be a dry bumper crop every year? Pull your head out of your ass already, Jesus H, you're an embarrassment to real farmers.

Comment

Partners

How long to de-ice the combine?

And are combines made to operate in that type of temperatures?

Especially deeres...they usually have issues in normal operating conditions....just some sarcasm...
                  Last edited by bucket; Dec 11, 2019, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

The usual Agriville whiny little *******. Did you really think it was going to be a dry bumper crop every year? Pull your head out of your ass already, Jesus H, you're an embarrassment to real farmers.
                    Fk you paid off sask party prick!

Comment

Yup there is tremendous opportunity out there Tweety ....there will be good deals on Land and equipment....

And grain prices will stay steady at current levels so with more land and production and bigger operations the agriculture industry of primary production will be in better shape next year...

Its all good...no sarcasm just facts....Consolidation is good just ask Neil Townsend....

But when all the big operations need a little help ....I hope there is the same sentiment as there is today....

Comment

You talking like this just because it isn't your area? What goes around comes around....actually I guess when you are not even a farmer and just like to troll sites you can talk like a tough guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                          You talking like this just because it isn't your area? What goes around comes around....actually I guess when you are not even a farmer and just like to troll sites you can talk like a tough guy.
                          well probably can't do it in real life
                          yea we had a pretty good fall here and done early , but i really feel for the ones that had shit dumped on them , because i know what it is like, only too well
                          unless you have lived it you could never fully understand and that one certainly doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            My take is that the farmers who are loudest or heard the most are the guys paying 2000 bucks for land. For them, everything is rosy and the average guy is not heard. There is such a variance among we farmers that it is unbelievable. On one hand you have guys going nuts, buying iron, renting more, growing daily, seemingly doing great. Then you have those who are having a real struggle.

Kinda makes it tough to get on the same page.

Soon all that will be there, is a few 30000 acre farms per RM. The worst is that we are enabling it by not changing our ways very much.

Just say no to outrageous canola seed prices, bring back a bit of fallow, screw high rent expectations, lower the inputs to reduce supply, stop panicking that the quarter next door has to be yours no matter the cost.

We could collectively change things. But we won’t. In the meantime, the arrogant everything is just fine farmers are the ones that seem to be listened to. I don’t see gooberment stepping up as long as binyards that look like mini terminals keep popping up. As long as farm shops that rival Canadian tire stores keep getting built. Hard to see this happening yet ask for more funding. Not saying it isn’t needed, just saying it is hard to look around at the amazing building up of farms, and say things are so bad.

I think it is in our hands. But only a few per cent of us will work towards changing how we farm which is a crying shame. The brick wall is looming close. I think even the lalalalalalalala farmers who seem to have rose colored spectacles will be shocked when they arrive at the wall...
                            Sheep, you absolutely nailed it for 90% of farms. There will be ones that experienced unique circumstances and those i do feel for. But as you stated, choosing to invest in high priced land, equipment and personal spending is our own. The world was never going to end for some, let this be a reminder you need to keep your farm metrics in check for years like this.

Comment

Worry when you go to farm shows and see a parking lot of 15 year old rusted out half tonnes instead of nothing less then a couple year old $100,000 diesels and Escalades. Platinum edition, yes please.

Maybe Agrville just has an exceptionally high ratio of overspending farm managers who whine like little rich spoiled school girls. At least you have found each other.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...