• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unharvested crop value

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    And there is no farm income crisis according to AlbertaFarmer5 so why are you all complaining?
    I don't say that, the backwards looking data referenced in the NFU publication your prior thread linked says that.
    And when I pointed that out, instead of countering the data, you just disappeared from the thread you started, because it was inconvenient to acknowledge the falsehoods it was based on.

Comment

My comment today:
      And there is no farm income crisis according to AlbertaFarmer5 so why are you all complaining?
      The reply:
      Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      I don't say that, the backwards looking data referenced in the NFU publication your prior thread linked says that.
      And when I pointed that out, instead of countering the data, you just disappeared from the thread you started, because it was inconvenient to acknowledge the falsehoods it was based on.
      A quote from the previous thread:
      Grassfarmer, to be fair, just because I don't agree that farm income is in a crisis....
      you also said:
      Until land prices drop to zero, and land goes unrented, there is no income crisis in agriculture.
      You said it clear as day. No farm income crisis. Based on your misunderstanding of Darrin's graphic and data as well as current happenings in agriculture. I "disappeared" from the thread because although you can take a horse to water you can't make it drink, especially one that's been beaten to death. We can agree to disagree but don't claim you didn't say there is no farm income crisis.

Comment

No, I analyzed the original data, and interpreted it for you. Not an opinion when it is backed up with the data.

Which doesn't change the fact that we both agree there is room for improvement, but you didn't respond to my last post to you discussing potential solutions to make farms more profitable. Even Chuck agreed with most of it.

Comment

No, I analyzed the original data, and interpreted it for you. Not an opinion when it is backed up with the data.
          Bullshit.

Comment

Bullshit.
            I posted the links to the statscan data that Darrin used to create his graph. I don't expect you to take my word for it, did you follow them and check it for yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              inventory in field might be estimated for crop insurance so they don't have to pay but its a zero for agristability because it isn't in actual inventory...
              Bucket, this makes no sense. Crop in the field is still inventory, potentially a different grade or quantity. I would expect one would declare the acres unharvested and yield. By the time one files the final application you would have the final production results

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                Bucket, this makes no sense. Crop in the field is still inventory, potentially a different grade or quantity. I would expect one would declare the acres unharvested and yield. By the time one files the final application you would have the final production results
                True but if it isn't harvested by the end of the year why would I report it on my agristabilty for 2019?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...