• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

saskpulse looking for appointed directors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Since the directors are bringing this up.....who are they thinking of appointing?

As a mandatory checkoff payer....I would like to know the candidates...

If you want to appoint directors and I can't elect them but I am forced to pay....

The group of 7 directors shouldn't be making these decisions unless it becomes a refundable checkoff....

Then farmers have some say in it...
    To me the word "candidate" has the connotation with the word "election".

And then if that's not the case you may as well use the word " anoint" in the place of "appoint".
    Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 8, 2019, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
      Not taking any sides in issue just a question. Do you guys think it is better to pay for expertise by hiring consultants with check off dollars at what ever that would cost or to paying them full time salary at VP or director wage, what ever that would be (I haven't seen $ figure).
      I'm thinking that number will be buried in lump sum of "Salaries and Benefits" on the financial statements.

But if you like digging, I'm sure it could be found.

Doubt he left the CSTA and a possible position on the NSA for less money at the CCGA. But you never know, anything is possible.

Comment

Anyone like the appointed senators?

It just leaves a legacy of a previous people

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          Not really. They are voted in to make those decisions. Don't like those decisions, become a director.
          Don't like the decisions ...pull my funding is a better way of getting me to quit bitching...

You like the legacy these directors are leaving ...you fund them...I would prefer not to....

Comment

One other thing ....they have to ask the government to allow appointing directors..

This speaks volumes as to who they really represent ....themselves and industry. ...not the farmers paying their per diems. ...

Maybe while they are asking government for changes they could ask for a Market Facilition Program after 3 years and countless missteps by the federal government....

Interesting that it's OK for the Saskatchewan government to give irrigation districts 40 bucks an acre to grow pulses under a pivot...but dryland farmers are on their own....

Comment

They could ask for refundable levies, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                They could ask for refundable levies, just saying.
                The resolution to do that has been passed....the group of 7 decided not to....

Now they want to appoint friends...

Last 2 elections have been acclaimed....with one having a director resign to make room for the recruited directors...

Sask pulse needs a housecleaning....

Comment

Didn’t we just go through that with them? Where they were “supporting” certain candidates. It lead to few resignations, didn’t tit?

Comment

You have 2 organizations...Saskpulse who takes our checkoffs....who then forwards the money to Pulse Canada who has essentially the same board of directors....

Why not continue to elect farmers to the board of Saskpulse....cut the funding to Pulse Canada and tell them to find directors from industry or government where they also get funds...

OR ...start consolidating some of the repetition of dogphuckers...Gord bacon and his apprentice at saskpulse use the same lines.and talking points....and neither have been accountable as to what pulseCanada does for primary pulse producers...
                    Last edited by bucket; Dec 9, 2019, 07:11.

Comment

I'm on the record as stating I am not board or council material and don't want the jobs either, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and can freely express it.

Maybe if the board is never challenged in director elections they think they have a mandate to carry on with business as usual. When that happens there can be an "old boys club" mentality. And they begin to scoff at suggestions and concerns from dissenters.

As is with RMs or town Councils, I don't think there should ever be a clean sweep of a board, unless they are corrupt beyond hope.

Part of the problem is likely the lack of willing new people to let their names stand, if that is truly the case, expect the status quo.

I think the best decisions are made when there is dissension around the board table. It promotes debate and you get more of a panoramic view of the issues at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        I'm on the record as stating I am not board or council material and don't want the jobs either, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and can freely express it.

Maybe if the board is never challenged in director elections they think they have a mandate to carry on with business as usual. When that happens there can be an "old boys club" mentality. And they begin to scoff at suggestions and concerns from dissenters.

As is with RMs or town Councils, I don't think there should ever be a clean sweep of a board, unless they are corrupt beyond hope.

Part of the problem is likely the lack of willing new people to let their names stand, if that is truly the case, expect the status quo.

I think the best decisions are made when there is dissension around the board table. It promotes debate and you get more of a panoramic view of the issues at hand.

Well said but ....

the comments should be able to come to the board from producers through a director....

The chair of Saskpulse cold called me one day for calling a new director...that was quite a conversation......they don't want ideas they recruited the new acclaimed directors...like minded individuals that agree with their current positions...

What expertise are they lacking at the board table????

Maybe identify those deficiencies to producers before an election to see if that expertise comes forward....

No one wants to admit their incompetence....

And the new directors don't have their bios done yet so we don't even know what they stand for....or contact them to discuss issues....before they are lobotomized....
                        Last edited by bucket; Dec 9, 2019, 07:30.

Comment

Maybe become a director while you're still so smart. Reminds me of an 18 year old kid, knows everything till gets a little experience then quickly realizes the world isn't so black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            Maybe become a director while you're still so smart. Reminds me of an 18 year old kid, knows everything till gets a little experience then quickly realizes the world isn't so black and white.
                            I got shit for calling a new director even though had their been an election they would have been required to produce their biographies and contact info so farmers could learn about them...

To date we know nothing about the newly acclaimed recruited directors and one doesn't have a working phone....

So if they can't put themselves out there along with their opinions how do you know what good they will do for pulse producers.

While you may think of me as full of shit...thats fine...water off a ducks back ....but I will engage which says more than the directors...

Like farmaholic said its good to have dissension as it leads to conversations with each side having to explain their position...

Look tweety we don't have to agree on everything but our conversations back and forth serve a valuable purpose in that we can explain both sides...

You will note I rarely expect people to get involved because I don't agree with them....jokingly to SF3 a few threads back.....

The conversations here are to interact...and its better than a coffee shop with blank stares...I don't expect you get involved in directorship but I read with interest your position...

Having said all that ...can you explain what deficiencies there are that need to be filled by appointed directors?
                            Last edited by bucket; Dec 9, 2019, 14:59.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...