• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybean market on fire

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you good luck, Dalek.

In 92, the year of no summer, on Christmas eve day we harvested a field of soys for a chap cuz insurance said so. I think he got 18 bushels.

That was just weird.

Comment

I’m surprised they got 28% beans into a wet bin, I’ve seen them at 25-26 turned to meal by the time they hit the combine hopper and have to be shovelled out.

I was somewhat surprised, all my corn made grade 2 except one farm. 25-28% moisture and poor yields though. Adzuki beans went maybe 500 lbs gross and there’ll probably be 20% pick when I deliver them even after I cleaned them

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        I wish you good luck, Dalek.

In 92, the year of no summer, on Christmas eve day we harvested a field of soys for a chap cuz insurance said so. I think he got 18 bushels.

That was just weird.
        We were rolling 35% corn and putting it in an Agbag the day before that, then Christmas Eve it turned to a -45 windchill and I had to drive an OS tractor home from the dealer 20 miles into the north wind the whole way so the cows would get fed over the holidays

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Sure hope soybeans go to $15 / bus so I can break even on mine lol .
          Soybeans and corn will be interesting to watch the next 60 days .
          I thought for certain a rally would have happened back in early November but enough corn and beans were still coming off in the US to keep the market happy
          Grew them two years ago... would have needed $70/bu to break even. Bahaha, thank christ I only did 80 acres!

Comment

I wasn't there, didn't see it, just what the guy on the ground there said - who knows? They would be worse than jelly beans at that moisture. Another report about 10 miles from here said some came off in his 'hood on the weekend at 25 -26, so there's some framework there.

My corn went in May 31, June 1 and June 3rd. Tough soil and planting conditions, 28-32 moisture. My soys went in about June 7 -8, went 40 bu. Nice, bright beans though. Within a 15 mile radius, the soys went from 28 to 63, from what I heard. Some guys got that extra shower or two.

It rained here until the last week of May and then just about turned off the taps until late August.

I'm grinding and feeding some spilled, wet corn to calves and a 20L bucket of chop feels like it's full of feathers.

I think it's pretty common that yields are off by 30%. But what we grow in Ontario doesn't amount to a hill of beans, if you will...
            Last edited by burnt; Dec 5, 2019, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I would sure like to grow soybeans but don't hear alot of success stories about them outside their tradition growing areas.
              Around here at least, friends dont let friends grow soybeans...

Comment

Aaaaand the inch of snow in the forecast for today turned into 10”. I’m already running out of room to pile snow in some of the driveways I plow

Comment

Soyoil up 0.72 today that is almost 2.5% in one day.

Comment

Unless Trump can pull a rabbit-out-of-his-hat and get China to sign a deal without U.S. tariff concessions, the recent soybean price bounce of-late is just that . . . a bounce. USDA report must produce fresh bullish news on Tuesday to maintain strength. U.S. exports have been slowing.

Technically, canola looks to move higher near-term, but without soybeans as a backstop, canola cannot go it alone.

Comment

I'd be very surprised, if U.S. grown soybeans aren't making their way into China, one way or another, one country or another.
                      The ChiComs need them to prevent more HKs from taking place.(actually heard this week, that the ChiComs had to quell a protest that broke out on mainland China, not sure if it was food related though)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...