• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premiere meeting nothing about agriculture?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheer is just shutting up because he knows now that anything he says will be used against him to get him punted as leader.

I wasn't a big APAS supporter, I am now on the fence about them, I think with some changes, both in structure and personal they could possibly be effective. My uncle has been involved with the Farm Bureau from the county all the way up to the federal level and that is a model we need to take a good look at. They do a good job of representing all the producer groups, they have enough muscle in regards to lobbying, have good lawyers on retainers and when policy is developed they can take it to the state or federal level as a unified voice, not as a hodgepodge or cluster**** of producer organizations like we have in this country.

Comment

We have a big problem in Canada and it is our representatives and business who advise gov.

They don't get primary agriculture and only care about there interests.

Yesterday on my facebook page it became apparent how out of touch some farmers are about the amount of crop out and drying costs etc. This one guy who I now blocked attacked our farm for not finishing and not having dry grain. His comment was the carbon tax is good to pay it and shut up. He went on how he finished real early and I should have been done also. I politely at first said we had two days of sun than rain. How would he do? He would not answer then I found where he farmed and phoned some friends and yes he had 10 great days to up to two weeks with no snow or rain and did finish dry.

Point of story guys are on committees who don't look at the big picture only see there small area and their interests.

This is what's wrong with Ag to much me myself and I.

Twenty producer groups are also the problem.

The old split and conquer.

Comment

The Saskatchewan Ag minister is an asshole. ...

Comment

Actually I saw him on the news last night and thought what an out of touch fool.

He said the guys who have cropped out should talk to crap insurance and work it out. The deer and wildlife is still available. So what hope the deer eat it all.

When you're over your coverage on a system built to make money for the province with a 50-year average. You know things don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            Actually I saw him on the news last night and thought what an out of touch fool.

He said the guys who have cropped out should talk to crap insurance and work it out. The deer and wildlife is still available. So what hope the deer eat it all.

When you're over your coverage on a system built to make money for the province with a 50-year average. You know things don't work.
            Marit spent his entire farming career going to meetings as the head of SARM and other shit before that....he doesn't understand agriculture ...he understands when to show up for his per diems and a meeting...thats what he farmed for years...

Comment

They pay the value of the crop in spring usually its worthless so that’s what you’ll get from wildlife coverage NOTHING

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...