• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imports into Australia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Are Falling Number specs applied to all wheat deliveries in Australia?
    Me thinks specs would depend on end-use.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      About 9 Canadian. We get 7.
      Sorry to nit pick here but works out to $7.84/bu. Remember currency exchange. So say we get $1 less for the same wheat I think that's pretty good. Think about elevation locally, freight to Coast, elevation there, then ocean freight, then elevation in Australia, all for $1. Last time I hired a trucker it cost me about 25 cents for an hours drive. I send lots of grain by truck through the mountains to central BC, freight is $45/t or just over a dollar. Half way around the world for $1 is amazing.

Comment

GDR, did you convert AUD to CAD or AUD to USD to CAD.

Which is the right way and does it end up being the same anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          GDR, did you convert AUD to CAD or AUD to USD to CAD.

Which is the right way and does it end up being the same anyway?
          For the calculation it should be the same either way but in actual practice everytime you change money you lose a couple percent in service fees. I don't know what the grain companies would do with international trade, likely different on every deal.

My calculation is just simple $1AUD equals $.90CAD. Before fees.

Wonder for example if Viterra in Canada actually sells to Viterra in Australia or of it just remains common inventory until its sold to end user?

Comment

Up your targets

Been hearing $8 targets picked up in Southern Alberta for 1-14.5. Don’t be giving it away. Posted price is low because legally they can’t turn your low falling number stuff away.

So if you give them all your samples and you are a regular customer, they seem to pony up for high protein wheat that they know has good falling numbers. Relationships and reputation are very important this year.

Comment

"Reputation"?, if they treated me as honestly as I treated them.... "Relationships" would be better. And they wouldn't be met with as much distrust and cynicism.

I never try and pull a fast one on them, would they ever trust me again if I was always trying to sluff something off on them.

No one likes being treated like or being taken for a fool.

Comment

Our local terminal decommissioned the dryer this fall. Great move exlax. Now they are asking the company to add a new dryer in the next few years.

Grain dryer in Saskatchewan at a terminal is so important not even funny.

But let’s send loads home because that make the world want to work together.

Relationships are great but funny always one partner has to give in can you guess which one it always is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...