• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do I Believe?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
    When I read things on Agriville, I get the feeling that most believe western Canadian agriculture as we know it is poised to fall apart at the seams. That the days of yor were the best ever and one should get out while the getting's good.

Then I hear about local land happenings, and think that the individuals involved must not frequent Agriville often.

So, who's right?? Should a young(er) guy like myself cut and run, or push all in?
    Lots of good comments here, I often feel discouraged here by farmer posts and Errols posts even though I enjoy them and respect them (most anyhow). Pretty hard to stick your neck out with a doom and gloom attitude.

What I believe is all farmers are optimists by nature because we have to be. Often our culture projects an outward negative attitude and I find myself projecting that at times. Grass isnt always greener on the other side. Shit happens and things often dont work out like you planned but time heals all wounds. The first signs of life (even plants)in the spring seems to bring enthusiasm, anticipation and excitement of what is to come.

It boils down to what and where you want to be. There will always be opportunities, they just may not be doing what everyone else is doing. If you like it you will succeed, if you hate what you are doing then quit. If you need to spend and grow just leave some room for the "what ifs" and if the deal isnt right dont worry another will come along.

Basic answer to your question is listen to yourself!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...