• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still got the SP forage harvesters going here.
    Ground finally froze and the creeks quit running the other day. They seem to be liking it and cleaning it up ok too. Nice to go “feed” 1,600 head in two hours by taking out some minerals and checking water on days without a fence move. All the pairs are vaccinated and ivomec’d and next week when it warms up (hopefully) the long yearlings and bred heifers will get done as well.

Just busy fixing equipment in the shop and moving bales while aiming to get a more “balanced” schedule after running like mad since calving started back in April. Trying to enjoy some well deserved family time as well .......... especially with the newest family member who’s getting baptized this weekend.

Hoping for a nice mild winter here after the exceptionally crummy weather all summer and fall. 🍀

Comment

You are one busy guy Woodland. You ever take a vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        You are one busy guy Woodland. You ever take a vacation?
        My wife and I took two days off last week while we were delivering our baby girl in Edmonton. Before that was a weekend in August when we hosted my wife’s family reunion here. Pulled the kids out of school for three days to run away to Jasper and Miette back in June which was really nice.

Right now it feels like we finally “caught up” since 2016. It’s the earliest we finished harvest and drying since then and even got some field work done this fall. Having my Dad’s cousin here for the last year has been great. Anybody who’ll bale hay with you till 4 am ahead of the next rain storm and then come back in the rain the next day to help move and wrap bales is priceless to me.

The goal of the corn was to allow more “free time” not to save money. If I break even compared to making and feeding hay or silage it’ll be a success in my eyes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...