• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manitoba farm groups.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitoba farm groups.....

Have started the process of consolidation....never needed to have this many farm groups in the first place...Once all the failed egos are out of the way maybe all the western province's farm groups will consolidate to a single farm group with some teeth...

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Have started the process of consolidation....never needed to have this many farm groups in the first place...Once all the failed egos are out of the way maybe all the western province's farm groups will consolidate to a single farm group with some teeth...
    I agree that they should be consolidated to reduce overlap and hopefully become more efficient and effective. My only concern would be that it makes the already lean and effecient groups like the oat growers or barley growers, into a wasteful bureaucratic mess like the canola growers who like to waste time and money having vacation meetings several time a year for the sake of having meetings, or waste more money on leadership training for all the Twitter douchebags.

Instead of amalgamating all the provincial groups into one, how about the interprovincial single commodity groups into one. I really don't want anyone from the major commodities groups bringing everyone else down to their level with waste and greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
      I agree that they should be consolidated to reduce overlap and hopefully become more efficient and effective. My only concern would be that it makes the already lean and effecient groups like the oat growers or barley growers, into a wasteful bureaucratic mess like the canola growers who like to waste time and money having vacation meetings several time a year for the sake of having meetings, or waste more money on leadership training for all the Twitter douchebags.

Instead of amalgamating all the provincial groups into one, how about the interprovincial single commodity groups into one. I really don't want anyone from the major commodities groups bringing everyone else down to their level with waste and greed.
      I would just like to see something done effectively on any issue...

as an example ....Half the board from Saskpulse sits on Pulse Canada....seems a little stupid since neither reflects a return to the primary producer and pulse canada is accountable to no one....

Saskpulse will defer Pulse canada and pulse canada people tell you to ask sakpulse about results....same people running both organizations and no one is getting anything done....

Why does the Sask government have to hire Harper to go to India ....isnt that pulse Canada responsibility to sort things out...they received money from the federal government to do so...pigs at the trough make for bacon.....pun intended

Comment

Farmers have all these boards that are funded by check off dollars but then there is groups with non farmers as sponsors that have the gov'ts ear and are listened to more than farmers themselves. Also many of the directors on producer groups are past or present members/directors on sponsored associations.

Are you thinking they should all join together a lot of the guys are already paid or at least sit on more than one board.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
          Farmers have all these boards that are funded by check off dollars but then there is groups with non farmers as sponsors that have the gov'ts ear and are listened to more than farmers themselves. Also many of the directors on producer groups are past or present members/directors on sponsored associations.

Are you thinking they should all join together a lot of the guys are already paid or at least sit on more than one board.
          The prerequisite to being on a board it seems is to take orders...

Comment

How about mps and mlas consolidate don’t need half of them also mine do absolutely nothing except I keep hearing relatives of theirs getting contracts and business deals and of course a big pension while telling everyone else they need to buckle down.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              The prerequisite to being on a board it seems is to take orders...
              Bucket, I don’t take orders well either. Critical thinking is far more valuable in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Bucket, I don’t take orders well either. Critical thinking is far more valuable in reality.
                I had something else written but realized it would offend too many people...and there is zero critical thinkers in any farm groups....if they are there ....they are silent....probably thinking...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...