• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facts on CO2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Not sure why this is worth arguing about, but the original and unedited post says:

...And the 800,000 year chart which represents the cycle referred to above, would be 0.00195 inches wide on your 11" computer screen on a chart of the history of the world. That is half of a human hair, Again, nearly imperceptible.
    agreed seeing as the time on the chart in which human life has been present, based on 6 million years and your calculation of the length on a computer screen would only be about 3 human hair widths or .014625 inches. Doubt if that would be perceptible either.

Comment

No wonder the world is so f---ed up all the geniuses with all the answers to the worlds problems are in sask farming and dont seem to be able to fix any of the problems in agri,kind of makes one wonder if they are right afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        All that said, the 400 of today isn't a problem, 1000 is kind of ideal for plant growth. So run that Escalade hard.
        I should be more specific, run the wife's farm plated Escalade hard while burning subsidized marked fuel taking the kids to soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          We are in one of the lowest cycles of CO2 in this planets history.

At 250ppm plants will stop actively growing. That means O2 release by plants starts to decline as well.

At 180 ppm they will start to die.

If we want to feed 11B people we should be raising our CO2 footprint not lowering it.

People are basically voting for their own death by restricting food supply.
          Jazz, since in your books CO2 is all good, even at prehistoric levels before man, maybe you can talk to your pal Trump and get him to remove the CO2 scrubbers on all submarines, space craft and the ISS. He could save on the cost of building and operating without scrubbers and promote plant growth at the same time! It is the type of policy Trump would endorse.
          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Nov 25, 2019, 10:51.

Comment

//youtu.be/1zrejG-WI3U

chuck please watch, you seem to have lots of time on your hands.

Comment

At 2000 PPM (give or take) humans start to feel side effects of CO2 like insomnia nausea and headaches.

There's so much stupid in this thread my head hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                Jazz, since in your books CO2 is all good, even at prehistoric levels before man, maybe you can talk to your pal Trump and get him to remove the CO2 scrubbers on all submarines, space craft and the ISS. He could save on the cost of building and operating without scrubbers and promote plant growth at the same time! It is the type of policy Trump would endorse.
                Where does the product go that comes out of the scrubbers. It would probably make good fertilizer

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                  At 2000 PPM (give or take) humans start to feel side effects of CO2 like insomnia nausea and headaches.

There's so much stupid in this thread my head hurts.
                  Table B-1. Acute Health Effects of High Concentrations of Carbon Dioxide
                  Carbon Dioxide Concentration (Percent)/Time/Effects

17 - 30 / Within 1minute / Loss of controlled and purposeful activity, unconsciousness, convulsions, coma, death

>10 – 15 / 1 minute to several minutes / Dizziness, drowsiness, severe muscle twitching,
                  unconsciousness

7 – 10 / Few minutes / Unconsciousness, near unconsciousness
                  1.5 minutes to 1 hour / Headache, increased heart rate, shortness of breath, dizziness, sweating, rapid breathing

6 / 1 – 2 minutes / Hearing and visual disturbances
                  #16 minutes / Headache, dyspnea
                  Several hours / Tremors

4 – 5 / Within a few minutes / Headache, dizziness, increased blood pressure, uncomfortable dyspnea

3 / 1 hour / Mild headache, sweating, and dyspnea at rest

2 / Several hours / Headache, dyspnea upon mild exertion

from US EPA. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-06/documents/co2appendixb.pdf

Other research shows prolonged exposure at 1% will result in same health issues experienced at the 2 % level. Zephyr, instead of just saying the information presented is stupid, how about rather than just one level of exposure, with no exposure time and especially when you add "give or take" in your exposure levels on health effects, how about posting a source of your claim.

Comment

Table B-1. Acute Health Effects of High Concentrations of Carbon Dioxide
                    Carbon Dioxide Concentration (Percent)/Time/Effects

17 - 30 / Within 1minute / Loss of controlled and purposeful activity, unconsciousness, convulsions, coma, death

>10 – 15 / 1 minute to several minutes / Dizziness, drowsiness, severe muscle twitching,
                    unconsciousness

7 – 10 / Few minutes / Unconsciousness, near unconsciousness
                    1.5 minutes to 1 hour / Headache, increased heart rate, shortness of breath, dizziness, sweating, rapid breathing

6 / 1 – 2 minutes / Hearing and visual disturbances
                    #16 minutes / Headache, dyspnea
                    Several hours / Tremors

4 – 5 / Within a few minutes / Headache, dizziness, increased blood pressure, uncomfortable dyspnea

3 / 1 hour / Mild headache, sweating, and dyspnea at rest

2 / Several hours / Headache, dyspnea upon mild exertion

from US EPA. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-06/documents/co2appendixb.pdf

Other research shows prolonged exposure at 1% will result in same health issues experienced at the 2 % level. Zephyr, instead of just saying the information presented is stupid, how about rather than just one level of exposure, with no exposure time and especially when you add "give or take" in your exposure levels on health effects, how about posting a source of your claim.
                    Human Pathology. Some of us have science backgrounds and don't require cognitive offloading for facts.

Comment

You guys are so precious. Human breath has a concentration of 4000 ppm.

People aren't passing out at hockey and basketball games.

Comment

How about you look up how many air exchangers are on a modern insulated building, and the rate of exchange.

And how much natural circulation there is on older buildings.

Comment

Hey Jazz, put a plastic bag over your head and see how long until you pass out as CO2 concentrations rise and O2 falls. Or is your human pathology different than everyone else.

BTW, Zephyr why was the buildup of CO2 on Apollo 13 so critical that they had to improvise a scrubbing system given your self declared superior knowledge?
                          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Nov 28, 2019, 18:13.

Comment

BTW, Zephyr why was the buildup of CO2 on Apollo 13 so critical that they had to improvise a scrubbing system given your self declared superior knowledge?
                            You realize 2000 PPM is 0.2%, right?

Where am I saying high concentrations of CO2 are OK? I said the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                              You realize 2000 PPM is 0.2%, right?

Where am I saying high concentrations of CO2 are OK? I said the exact opposite.
                              My apologizes if I misunderstood this comment of yours which I initially replied to:

There's so much stupid in this thread my head hurts

I thought you were saying my claim of health effects of high levels of CO2 were stupid.

Comment

https:////youtu.be/W-LQlLahKd4?list=...Xa70Cf3LWNrqtg

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...