• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newfoundland Vote

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"So you are saying the fertilizer plant and heavy oil upgraders and power plants for a growing population were bad investments?"

No i am not. But giving homeowners who didn't need it $1500 grants for renovations was.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      "So you are saying the fertilizer plant and heavy oil upgraders and power plants for a growing population were bad investments?"

No i am not. But giving homeowners who didn't need it $1500 grants for renovations was.
      There is always a trade off...urban people will never see the value of agriculture...

And that 1500 to homeowners is no different than your 11 percent GIC....just stop while you are somewhat ahead....I can do the math on a 5 percent bump in interest while not paying 18 percent like your neighbours were for a while....
      Last edited by bucket; Nov 26, 2019, 08:20.

Comment

Case you didn't notice, that's one of skippys platforms, $40k home reno credit. Devine ahead of his time it appears.

Comment

Give me Devine Intervention any day. Don’t forget the cow-calf program, Rafferty-Alameda, NG expansion, I could go on and on. Devine had vision, just wasn’t FBI enough. He was busy looking at the big picture and focussing on the future. I can’t see a problem with debt that has lasting future returns that generate future value well into the future. Devine left that legacy in Saskatchewan. If only all our premiers had that same vision and drive. Kebec would be kicking us harder today.

Comment

Give me Devine Intervention any day. Don’t forget the cow-calf program, Rafferty-Alameda, NG expansion, fertilizer, potash, I could go on and on. Devine had unparalleled vision, just wasn’t FBI enough. He was busy focussing on projects for future value. FV= C X (1+r) to the nth.

Not many people would argue with debt that has lasting future returns that multiply over and over and improve provincial economy. Devine left legacies in Saskatchewan that we enjoy and profit from today and will for a long time. If only all our premiers had that same vision and drive. Kebec would be kicking Saskatchewan even harder today. Chucky - give credit where credit is due.
            Last edited by sumdumguy; Nov 26, 2019, 09:16.

Comment

Who was responsible for cutting the crow freight rate and who was in when CN went to share holders

Comment

A lot of Devine's give aways weren't long term vision they were designed for him to get reelected. LOL

Yes he did some good things but he spent a lot of money on questionable programs.

If you are going to criticize current governments for poor fiscal management and borrowing, don't forget about past Conservative governments who did the same.

Doug Ford had it right, "its just politics"!

Comment

A lot of Devine's give aways weren't long term vision they were designed for him to get reelected. LOL

Yes he did some good things but he spent a lot of money on questionable programs.

If you are going to criticize current governments for poor fiscal management and borrowing, don't forget about past Conservative governments who did the same.

Doug Ford had it right, "its just politics"!
                  but, but... compared to this shit pile we have federally now ?

Comment

"its just politics"! LOL

Comment

!
                      Add up Devine's shit programs and compare them to the legacy projects he had the vision to start......Had the NDP not nickelled and dimed them off ...would have repaid the debt with ease...

Federated got the upgrader for nothing....and are now showing billion dollar profits....and won't send it back to the people that own the co-op...
                      Last edited by bucket; Nov 26, 2019, 10:04.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        Add up Devine's shit programs and compare them to the legacy projects he had the vision to start......Had the NDP not nickelled and dimed them off ...would have repaid the debt with ease...

Federated got the upgrader for nothing....and are now showing billion dollar profits....and won't send it back to the people that own the co-op...
                        Husky got the lloydminster upgrader for $0.30 on the dollar. Federated won’t pass any windfalls down after Calgary coop decided to source its groceries elsewhere. Forget the actual dollar loss but on its way to a billion annually. Federated was overcharging so they said screw em. I like coop and what they represent but between myopic incompetence of local management and heavy handed one size fits all vision of federated does not lend itself well to a successful business structure.

Comment

Chuck I'm sure you know Roy Romanoff personally.

Don't you find him to be a little too much?

Like maybe an egomaniac?

Give us the 5 greatest things he did for this province???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...