• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interprovincial seed meetings in Saskatoon Western FARMERS Seed RIGHTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
    My experience is they can charge different prices, bought a variety from one seed grower this spring, ran out and had to get more from second seed grower, 2 bucks cheaper at second place. Tom, please put some names to Big Boys. Always nice to know who is coming at you.
    Crop Life Canada...CropLife Canada represents plant science companies that make plant biotechnology, pesticides and herbicides for agriculture and urban use. 34 looks like...https://croplife.ca/about-us/members-2/
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 25, 2019, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
      Does seed companies tell seed growers what they have to charge for seed? Really don't know how that works.
      Is seed the same at every grower in Canada for the same variety?
      Much like Blackpowder stated.
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 25, 2019, 22:29.

Comment

On the relationship between the multinational 'big boys' and independent grassroots individual member seed growers;

Seed Growers have been communicated with... and looks like the CSGA will be dissolved.

Sorry folks, I apologize that I over reacted. Guess this is what the Seed Industry wants.

Sincerely,
        Tom4cwb
        Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 25, 2019, 22:33.

Comment

Bring back public breeding done by the U of S.
          What you are describing will drive farms out of business for zero farmer benefits.
          Canadian farms can not survive on $100/ac seed costs. We can not follow the US models.
          This will end up being a ***ien disaster for Canadian grain farms .
          Unfortunately it is too late . The farmer warning went unheard and this was coming a long time ago . Actually the very day that seed bill was passed . Unfortunately some individuals actually thought it would benefit them and supported that bill..... that will not happen.

Comment

Anyone hazard a guess as to what government started this....

Name names as to who was in the back rooms....

And what farmer organization is still on board with it .....

Answer those questions and it will make more sense....

Comment

The tax has to be levied at the terminal as you deliver? There is a solution for that, haul it across the line. $100 per acre seed tax pays for a lot of trucking.

I will go all canola I guess. At least those guys spent the time and money to prove out some seed variaties on their own before charging for them. This pay first and hope something gets developed is nuts. It wont be any better than what we have and we dont need yeild increases or something is 2% better than check or whatever. We need bloody trade reps prying these markets open for us.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                The tax has to be levied at the terminal as you deliver? There is a solution for that, haul it across the line. $100 per acre seed tax pays for a lot of trucking.

I will go all canola I guess. At least those guys spent the time and money to prove out some seed variaties on their own before charging for them. This pay first and hope something gets developed is nuts. It wont be any better than what we have and we dont need yeild increases or something is 2% better than check or whatever. We need bloody trade reps prying these markets open for us.
                yield increases and canadian railways and graincos....you guys do the math....

i will say this...80bpa at 4 bucks is the same as 40 at 8....actualy there is less farmer expense to a 40bpa crop....but lets chase the 80 bpa because we have so many markets left to sell to...and by the time the liberals are done we will be lucky to have a domestic market....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  yield increases and canadian railways and graincos....you guys do the math....

i will say this...80bpa at 4 bucks is the same as 40 at 8....actualy there is less farmer expense to a 40bpa crop....but lets chase the 80 bpa because we have so many markets left to sell to...and by the time the liberals are done we will be lucky to have a domestic market....
                  like our domestic market for (saudi) oil?

Comment

Anyone hazard a guess as to what government started this....

Name names as to who was in the back rooms....

And what farmer organization is still on board with it .....

Answer those questions and it will make more sense....

no takers ...OK

I think the seed tax started under the conservatives....
                    I think Devin Dreeshen was in Ritz's Office at the time...
                    I think the WCWGA supports the seed tax...

All fit into a nice bundle....zero vision for agriculture and yet Kenney named the second generation politician to ag minister in Alberta....and to be clear it looks pretty stupid of a guy that sat in Ritz's office while they gutted farm support and is now asking the liberals to clean up the mess in business risk management programs for farmers....when he helped create the problems...
                    Last edited by bucket; Nov 23, 2019, 08:30.

Comment

no takers ...OK

I think the seed tax started under the conservatives....
                      I think Devin Dreeshen was in Ritz's Office at the time...
                      I think the WCWGA supports the seed tax...

All fit into a nice bundle....zero vision for agriculture and yet Kenney named the second generation politician to ag minister in Alberta....and to be clear it looks pretty stupid of a guy that sat in Ritz's office while they gutted farm support and is now asking the liberals to clean up the mess in business risk management programs for farmers....when he helped create the problems...
                      We all have a hand in creating the new reality in western Canada.

What the new government does will be the responsibility of that government. 'Industry Led' is the new reality... whether we complain or not... we have no 'property rights' only property privileges.

Talk to your new Federal Minister of Agriculture... see if you can convince them to take your side.

Cheers
                      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 26, 2019, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        I'm going to have to buy a herd of cattle to push it through myself.

Then when the meat climate change tax comes in, I'll have to set up my own slaughterhouse and sell the meat on the black market.

And then when they ban the use of cash I'll have to barter for payment.

And then.... I hope mars is ready for a farmer by then...

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                          We all have a hand in creating the new reality in western Canada.

What the new government does will be the responsibility of that government. 'Industry Led' is the new reality... whether we complain or not... we have no 'property rights' only property privileges.

Talk to your new Federal Minister of Agriculture... see if you can convince him to take your side.

Cheers
                          Thomas! Our new Federal Ag Minister is a HER.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...