• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interprovincial seed meetings in Saskatoon Western FARMERS Seed RIGHTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interprovincial seed meetings in Saskatoon Western FARMERS Seed RIGHTS

THE SINGLE BIGGEST COST ON MY FARM FOR MANY CROPS.... IS SEED.

We left the Seed Growers meeting in Saskatoon the 21st... there will very likey be a National Seed Organization,
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 25, 2019, 22:34.

Coming up.

A new way of collecting revenue for the seed industry.
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 25, 2019, 22:24.

Comment

.....and people would rather discuss climate change.

Comment

Seed tax = welfare

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
          Seed tax = welfare
          Seed Tax = Slavery

Comment

Increased non compliance on the way.

Comment

I think several on here said this is exactly where this was going to go several years ago

Comment

Seed tax=rage

Comment

Tom can recoup his costs ...just charge a little more per bushel....another hunger strike/diet Tom?????

Comment

My limited experience with being a seed grower tells me this.
                    After two years, I am never doing it again. Not the bed of roses one might think. Told what your paying, getting paid, and sit on unpaid inventory for a year. Tom can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Tom can recoup his costs ...just charge a little more per bushel....another hunger strike/diet Tom?????
                      Recoup extra costs?

Part of business risk....
                      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Nov 25, 2019, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        Recoup extra costs?
                        Not one cent more than you can Bucket. they charge us the same royalty as you... and seed sales get none of the royalty collected... instead we must compete against seed with no royalty being submitted... and often must eat a big chunk of it ourselves... or just dump it down the commercial elevator pit... often after it is cleaned... if farmers change their mind and back out of orders.

On average; We dump more pedigreed seed down the pit commercially... that we sell wholesale as pedigreed seed...

There is a reason you are not growing pedigreed seed Bucket... simply put; the risk is huge and the rewards small.

Cheers
                        So why don't you sell the pedigreed seed to to farmers as seed at commercial price rather than dumping it down the pit? Some farmers can't afford the high price of pedigreed or lower all pedigreed to a price where it all sells out as seed and everyone can afford it?

Comment

Because he can't.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            Because he can't.
                            Does seed companies tell seed growers what they have to charge for seed? Really don't know how that works.
                            Is seed the same at every grower in Canada for the same variety?

Comment

My experience is they can charge different prices, bought a variety from one seed grower this spring, ran out and had to get more from second seed grower, 2 bucks cheaper at second place. Tom, please put some names to Big Boys. Always nice to know who is coming at you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...