• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Action for 2020

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Action for 2020

Throw that data harvesting equipment out the window of your cab for 2020. Please stop being a complete naive uninformed dumbass farmer when it comes to technology like this and its real purpose.

But will you? Likely not. Companies are banking heavily on your inability to even ponder for a moment about what is actually going on. Instead you will just complain this is happening "to you" and being "forced upon you" by the big bad companies.

AgOpenGPS?

Comment

Best part is making farmers pay "Deerely" for their data to be collected.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        Throw that data harvesting equipment out the window of your cab for 2020. Please stop being a complete naive uninformed dumbass farmer when it comes to technology like this and its real purpose.

But will you? Likely not. Companies are banking heavily on your inability to even ponder for a moment about what is actually going on. Instead you will just complain this is happening "to you" and being "forced upon you" by the big bad companies.

Do you think that data linked to a company is being used for nefarious purposes??????

Can't be.....I hope you grabbed my sarcasm....

Comment

Farmers edge should be run right out of the country.

In a few yrs you will see some article on how the FSU raised yeilds 10%. Putting ourselves out of business with our own productivity. Bourgalt is probably selling more drills in Khazakstan than Canada and we are the proving grounds for the tech.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

In a few yrs you will see some article on how the FSU raised yeilds 10%. Putting ourselves out of business with our own productivity. Bourgalt is probably selling more drills in Khazakstan than Canada and we are the proving grounds for the tech.
            I will add that Morris Industries is well subsidized so they can sell their products into the FSU...

Isn't it wonderful to put yourself ( meaning Canada as a whole ) out of business....so while CN is on strike ...the FSU can infill our markets that every farm group ...also subsidized by government.....say are hard to come by....

Then to have the provincial ag ministers and ag groups talking about getting the federal government to do something when there is no government....maybe go back to June 2019 and make those statements ...

incompetence...

Comment

Ahh data, got into an article on loan sharking to farmers. Finance companies wanting 12-30% return as the farmer was considered high risk. Turns out they are using data to watch as the growing season progresses so they can adjust expectations. Microsoft recently announced it was getting into the game, which makes one think that there is really really big $ involved and there is. Our data is being used now to quantify the return the finance co should expect. The worst part is, they aren't even dipping into our machinery yet, they are correlating the sat and drone images. I suspect we won't have the choice very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                They actually have a data collection model that works, one that makes them doubly terrifying. To be clear, works for them, not the farmer.

No farmaholic, not AgOpenGPS lol. Isn't it WD9 who wrote that? Hope he posts his thoughts on this topic.

Comment

Even on my John deere drill ...I calibrate for my correct seeding rate....look at the numbers and adjust them to make it look different...my kid says we are not seeding heavy enough ...OK I will fix it..let me drive it.....change a couple values after a couple passes it says its seeding heavier but its the same amount as I want...the kid is happy and I am happy...

Want to change my yield on the previous deere I owned ...just change the header width...incredible yields....

I know my yields by the cashed cheque not what the combine says...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    I know my yields by the cashed cheque not what the combine says...
                    But but but.....its not "real" time.

Comment

I agree you can **** up the computer to do whatever you want. Deere is one of the worst but watch the company on the edge they are harvesting way more info on a greater scale. Your being played big time.

Comment

I respond to no surveys, statscan, private anything. Only place that has any idea of my yeilds is Sask Crop insurance but they have no data how I got them.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          But but but.....its not "real" time.
                          Real time on my antique is a calculator operation... Tank size in bushels divided by acres covered. Field averages are truckloads hauled home divided by acres in field. Cross check it with what I haul to the elevator and I'm usually out by no more than 2%. Close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                            Real time on my antique is a calculator operation... Tank size in bushels divided by acres covered. Field averages are truckloads hauled home divided by acres in field. Cross check it with what I haul to the elevator and I'm usually out by no more than 2%. Close enough.
                            Sometimes for exercise in the hamster wheel in my head I don't even use a calculator....

Comment

lots of farmer interest in the climate/fieldview system, i never understood why?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...