• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New map shows all the oil and gas spills in Sask.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s all sing kumbia my lord and solidarity forever.

Will the left nut cases chuck ever give up or since we let the slow kids play with the general population have they gained control because we fell asleep and let it happen and the only way to send them back to there basements is full bore revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Along with all the numerous spills in the oil patch some large some very small comes the reality that taxpayers are going to bail out the industry when it comes to orphan wells by paying for their cleanup. Federal money is headed their way right now.

There are billions of dollars of liability on the books for all the other suspended and abandoned wells that are hanging like a stinking albatross around the necks of many oil companies.

Cleaning up is just more red tape! Shirking their responsibility and passing the bill onto taxpayers is the plan.

And mining has its own legacy of environmental damage and shirking responsibility. Its the take the money and run philosophy.
      Perhaps you could post the environmental regulations around rehabilitating renewable energy sites and products? How much money do they have to put into a fund for future reclamation? For recycling? How does that compare to the oil and gas, or mining industries?

Comment

As usual you want me to do all the work! Shirker! Go ahead and give us the numbers A5 and a comparison.
        And I am more than willing to cover the cleanup costs and recycling costs unlike your friends in the oil patch!

Comment

As usual you want me to do all the work! Shirker! Go ahead and give us the numbers A5 and a comparison.
          And I am more than willing to cover the cleanup costs and recycling costs unlike your friends in the oil patch!
          Already done. There are none. No reclamation regulations, no orphan panel/turbine fund, no recyling fund or regulation. Nothing.

Comment

Along with all the numerous spills in the oil patch some large some very small comes the reality that taxpayers are going to bail out the industry when it comes to orphan wells by paying for their cleanup. Federal money is headed their way right now.

There are billions of dollars of liability on the books for all the other suspended and abandoned wells that are hanging like a stinking albatross around the necks of many oil companies.

Cleaning up is just more red tape! Shirking their responsibility and passing the bill onto taxpayers is the plan.

And mining has its own legacy of environmental damage and shirking responsibility. Its the take the money and run philosophy.

And it's interesting that the green energy industry totally relies on mining rare earth minerals to exist. Oh well out of sight out of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Already done. There are none. No reclamation regulations, no orphan panel/turbine fund, no recyling fund or regulation. Nothing.
              And that is the case “everywhere” A5? LOL

And relative to the oil industry and it’s impact on the environment how big a problem do you think this is? Considering that the size and footprint of renewables is very small by your own admission.

If you are worried about environmental impacts of various industries why focus only on renewables which are trying to reduce the impact?

I am in favour of measuring and mitigating any impacts renewables have on the environment. Are you willing to do the same for the oil and gas industry?

Comment

And that is the case “everywhere” A5? LOL

And relative to the oil industry and it’s impact on the environment how big a problem do you think this is? Considering that the size and footprint of renewables is very small by your own admission.

If you are worried about environmental impacts of various industries why focus only on renewables which are trying to reduce the impact?

I am in favour of measuring and mitigating any impacts renewables have on the environment. Are you willing to do the same for the oil and gas industry?

In the oil and gas sector a spill over 1/10th of a cubic meter (100 litres) is a reportable incident.

For companies like she'll cenovus suncor and imperial any spill over 1 litre is reportable.

People are fired over spills.

Spill trays under equipment.
                Containment fields.
                Two-man refueling.
                Oil absorbent fibre in every nook and cranny.

Absorbable pads arouns every vehicle engine pump in case of a spill.

An independent environment consultant to monitor and direct cleanups.

Cenovus runs their vehicles on natural gas on some of the plant sites.

Every spill must be cleaned up and remediated and reported before and after.

How many times have you all spilled oil on your farm? Had a hose blow? Overfilled a fuel tank?

Who did you report it to? Was an environmentalist on site to direct cleanup and remediation operations?

Double standards abound...

Same goes for "clean" energy. We can spill 100 gal of proplyne glycol and nobody cares. If it was an oil company it would be a major incident... Not fair. Same (stringent) rules should apply for all industries.
                Last edited by Zephyr; Oct 3, 2020, 11:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                  In the oil and gas sector a spill over 1/10th of a cubic meter (100 litres) is a reportable incident.

For companies like she'll cenovus suncor and imperial any spill over 1 litre is reportable.

People are fired over spills.

Spill trays under equipment.
                  Containment fields.
                  Two-man refueling.
                  Oil absorbent fibre in every nook and cranny.

Absorbable pads arouns every vehicle engine pump in case of a spill.

An independent environment consultant to monitor and direct cleanups.

Cenovus runs their vehicles on natural gas on some of the plant sites.

Every spill must be cleaned up and remediated and reported before and after.

How many times have you all spilled oil on your farm? Had a hose blow? Overfilled a fuel tank?

Who did you report it to? Was an environmentalist on site to direct cleanup and remediation operations?

Double standards abound...

Same goes for "clean" energy. We can spill 100 gal of proplyne glycol and nobody cares. If it was an oil company it would be a major incident... Not fair. Same (stringent) rules should apply for all industries.
                  Yes I agree strong controls, reporting and Enforcement along with strict fines for all industries and individuals including farming. The days of dumping your waste oil and garbage are over. Unlicensed dumps on private land are rampant. Burning plastics and other toxic waste should be banned. Some Townies like to drive in the country and dump their garbage For free on farmland or on the ditch.

Comment

Are those 1 ltr reporting spills a gov't regulation and enforced or is it each company has their own set of standards and reporting. I did a little work with one company that safety rules were ridiculous in my opinion and other companies on same job site had different more relaxed rules.

Comment

Yes I agree strong controls, reporting and Enforcement along with strict fines for all industries and individuals including farming. The days of dumping your waste oil and garbage are over. Unlicensed dumps on private land are rampant. Burning plastics and other toxic waste should be banned. Some Townies like to drive in the country and dump their garbage For free on farmland or on the ditch.
                      Perhaps if you ever responded on topic, or addressed a question directly, there wouldn't be countless threads dedicated to dealing with your attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Perhaps if you ever responded on topic, or addressed a question directly, there wouldn't be countless threads dedicated to dealing with your attitude.
                        How is my post off topic? Your the one who wanted to switch to discussing the environmental foot print of solar and wind. Oil companies lease and work on ag land. How is this not a agriculture related topic? You don’t agree with what I post That’s the biggest problem! Haha
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 3, 2020, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                          Are those 1 ltr reporting spills a gov't regulation and enforced or is it each company has their own set of standards and reporting. I did a little work with one company that safety rules were ridiculous in my opinion and other companies on same job site had different more relaxed rules.

100L is government regulation. 1L is company policy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...