• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morning Text from P&H

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Tisdale P &H morning prices- Nov 14th:
    -low FN program full for Jan. Will start triggering Feb soon so get your targets in. Very popular program.

**Low FN CWRS wheat**
    Feb-5.25 targets
    Fills quick so get target in.

Oats:
    Dec-3.25

Feed barley:
    Nov/dec-3.50

Canola:
    Jan-9.68- triggering 9.75
    Feb-9.84- try for 10.00
    Mar-9.91
    Apr-10.20

2cwrs 13.5:
    Dec-5.94
    Jan-6.00
    Feb-6.00
    Mar-6.06
    Apr-6.20

Very popular program?
    Get your targets in? Hahaha
    SO just curious if one had low falling number and the someone offered you an out at a any value higher than fd why wouldn't you take it? WHat other options are there right now? IF we had the wheat board still what would be the price on this stuff?
    Last edited by justme18; Nov 15, 2019, 07:06.

Comment

i guess its just a little disheartening and hard to stomach when your samples come back a #2 and over 300 FN from grain commission , maybe ?????

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        i guess its just a little disheartening and hard to stomach when your samples come back a #2 and over 300 FN from grain commission , maybe ?????
        So then you really dont have anything to worry about as last i heard as long as your over 290 your fine.

Comment

Originally posted by justme18 View Post
          So then you really dont have anything to worry about as last i heard as long as your over 290 your fine.
          Ask him what the Grainco is offering him.

Personally, so far I have been having not terrible results with samples and marketing. I think I know what I have, There is only a very small amount of my production that would fall into a grey area, but sample results are in my favor..... CGC and most GrainCos. Now if we could just get a decent price for high quality.

My feed wheat IS feed wheat. And good quality is good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Ask him what the Grainco is offering him.

Personally, so far I have been having not terrible results with samples and marketing. I think I know what I have, There is only a very small amount of my production that would fall into a grey area, but sample results are in my favor..... CGC and most GrainCos. Now if we could just get a decent price for high quality.

My feed wheat IS feed wheat. And good quality is good quality.
            I have good grain its just a matter of getting someone to buy the moisture....and getting it combined....
            Last edited by bucket; Nov 15, 2019, 07:26.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
              That's standard fare for a feed wheat contract. Nearly every one that i've signed *in my short farming career* has a standard 1% shrink based into the price... No feedlot that I've been to aside from Lakeside Feeders in Brooks takes dockage, so they just tell you we'll only pay for 99% of what you deliver and not waste the time figuring dockage.

The one that pissed me off was when i sold to a broker based out of the lower mainland and the 1% shrink was again part of the standard contract, but then it went to JBS Lakeside and they have the tenacity to pan your sample and deduct dockage... CBC tried to take the shrink and then also take the dockage. Bitched and moaned till they paid me back for the dockage. Not my fault they didn't do their homework!
              So I checked, no where in the contract does it state 1% shrink will be deducted.

Only says, "Trade Rules To Govern: Canadian Grain Commission"

Can they do what they want if it isn't a licensed primary delivery point?

On Shrinkage CGC says, The maximum shrinkage allowance that may be made on the delivery of grain is zero.

So seven loads at about $75/load is $525. Who is actually charging this, the broker or feedmill?

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CONTINUALLY FIGHTING SMALL BATTLES THAT PREVENTS US FROM EVER WINNING THE WAR .......think about that for a "second"!

Comment

Oh my goodness, I’m on the wrong site, not even gonna try explaining anything. 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🠍»ðŸ»

Comment

So I checked, no where in the contract does it state 1% shrink will be deducted.

On Shrinkage CGC says, The maximum shrinkage allowance that may be made on the delivery of grain is zero.

So seven loads at about $75/load is $525. Who is actually charging this, the broker or feedmill?

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CONTINUALLY FIGHTING SMALL BATTLES THAT PREVENTS US FROM EVER WINNING THE WAR .......think about that for a "second"!
                  If (a) the broker bought it from you, and then sold it to someone else, and (b), their contact with you didn't specify deductions I'd say you have a leg to stand on as far as arguing eith them goes.

As far as CGC is concerned, I do believe they only regulate primary elevators, and "brokers" are for all intents and purposes operating in the wild west...

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
                    Oh my goodness, I’m on the wrong site, not even gonna try explaining anything. 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🠍»ðŸ»
                    I'm real happy for you if you were able to fulfill your contract obligations without any penalties!.....and maybe a pittance of a premium if you were able to exceed the specs. Good job and probably some luck involved.

I admire your willingness to take that risk, I'm not willing to. I respect you for your decision, hope you can respect me for mine.

And respectively.....stay and explain your position.

The more opinions and view points the better. I think I have an open mind!

Comment

I'd never agree to pay shrinkage on dry product. Any reputable buyer should be able to calculate transport /handling lossess and factor that cost into their bids.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                        I'd never agree to pay shrinkage on dry product. Any reputable buyer should be able to calculate transport /handling lossess and factor that cost into their bids.
                        I think shrinkage as just a loss of grain is no longer allowed.

Some have started calling it handling fees. Rebranded it.

If you, as the seller, altered a grain purchase contact by charging a handling fee or loading fee, basically zeroing out their charges, would they STILL buy the grain?

Last year I sold grain at 12%, even some loads down to 10% moisture. If they have shrinkage for tough grain why dont they give you a bump up in price for overly dry grain?

Comment

If shrink is Zero does this mean elevators don't/can't deduct for shrink also? Thought I read on another post where they deducted for shrink plus deducted for tough or drying.

How does that all work?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
                            If shrink is Zero does this mean elevators don't/can't deduct for shrink also? Thought I read on another post where they deducted for shrink plus deducted for tough or drying.

How does that all work?
                            From CGC Glossary of terms:

"shrinkage allowances
                            Shrinkage means the loss in weight of grain that occurs in the handling or treating of grain.

Paragraph 30 of the Canada Grain Regulations specifies the maximum shrinkage allowance that may be made on the delivery of grain to any licensed elevator is zero. An order given by the Canadian Grain Commission provides the calculation of moisture shrinkage allowed for tough, damp, moist or wet grain artificially dried at the producer’s request at primary elevators."

Calculation

1 (1) The percentage of moisture shrinkage for tough, damp, moist or wet grain that is artificially dried at the producer’s request at a licensed primary elevator is the percentage determined by the formula

(A – B) × 100/(100% – B)

where

A
                            is the grain’s percentage of moisture content before drying; and
                            B
                            is the grain’s percentage of moisture content after drying.
                            Marginal note:Minimum percentage

(2) The percentage referred to in element B of the formula must be no less than 0.1% below the minimum percentage of moisture content specified for the tough grade of that grain in Schedule I or II of the Off Grades of Grain and Grades of Screenings Order.

Marginal note:Weight of grain

(3) The grain’s moisture shrinkage must be calculated on the basis of the weight of the grain that is recorded by the elevator manager when it is delivered to the licensed primary elevator for artificial drying.

Here's a couple of bad puns for you.

Is that cut and dried enough for you Walter?
                            Pretty "dry" reading!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...